Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rad to the power of gnarr on Cairngorm…
  • Spin
    Free Member

Or perhaps not:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFGZaIHcmYM[/video]

bigjim

I wonder if they’ve looked at a ‘proper’ mtb track, probably not really an option being a National park.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Looks horrendous, not very inspiring when the skills area is 3 traffic cones and a crack in the concrete.

Potdog
    Free Member

Blimey, that website needs some work too!

Spin
    Free Member

I wonder if they’ve looked at a ‘proper’ mtb track, probably not really an option being a National park.

Maybe. Or perhaps they just identified how to make a bit of a return for the absolute minimum of investment.

bruneep

Had a look at this when I was in aviemore last year, you have to use their bikes.

http://www.cairngormmountain.org/activities/bike-cairngorm

Gary_M
    Free Member

Maybe its just aimed at normal folk who enjoy a pootle on their bikes not rad folk who prefer to talk about riding bikes.

Spin
    Free Member

Maybe its just aimed at normal folk who enjoy a pootle on their bikes not rad folk who prefer to talk about riding bikes.

Even by that standard it’s shit.

scotroutes

+1 That’s where the greatest number of MTB sales are made.

It looks like they’ve made the “foot”path between Glenmore and the Funicular car park more bike friendly then?

Spin
    Free Member

It looks like they’ve made the “foot”path between Glenmore and the Funicular car park more bike friendly then?

This introduces the possibility of riding from Glenmore to the summit of Cairngorm entirely off road with ‘Nae Dabs’

Spin
    Free Member

Even by that standard it’s shit.

I should clarify. I don’t think it’s a shit thing for folks to do it’s just that it’s typical of the Cairngorm Mountain attitude of what’s the least they can do and still ask money for.

scotroutes

Exactly!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Even by that standard it’s shit. 🙄

I’m quire sure there are lots of people who go for a gentle sunday ride with their kids would find that good fun.

Spin
    Free Member

Gary M

See my other post above. I don’t think it’s a shit thing to do. I think it’s CM’s attitude that is shit.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Fair enough, I typed the post before your explanation.

Spin
    Free Member

And my initial reply to you was poorly worded anyway.

scotroutes

Hugs?

Spin
    Free Member

Hell yes. Apparently this { } is the emoticon for hug. Every day a school day.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have seen (somewhere online) the plans for a network of red/blue/black trails in the lower half of the Ciste Gulley. They were drawn up for consultation. IMO the Ciste Gully represents an excellent opportunity for sustainable MTB development on Cairngorm, and would make a spectacular spectator environment for a DH course if a course (or even better courseS) to rival the Nevis DH were built.

sniff
    Free Member

Plans in the link below. Maybe the profits from this winter could be ploughed into this….

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,148121

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rad to the power of gnarr on Cairngorm…’ is closed to new replies.