Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • rad to see everyone gearing up for the Alps tonight
  • jhw
    Free Member

season's begun!

Tracey

Cant wait, whos going where and when
    Verbier first 2 weeks in August

Tracey

DrP

Fat tyres, dropper seatpost, flats….
    ..rock and/or roll….!!

DrP

Ambrose

Big wheels, big platform pedals, Mahoosive tyres. Pass'portes du Soleil here I come.

Bring on the vin rouge, saucisson sec et fromage de montagne. Life is good 🙂

nickegg
    Free Member

Sainte Foy in the 3rd week of September for us.

Mister-P
    Free Member

We have a few fellas from work going and I am mighty jealous. I was looking at a map of the route and it looks awesome fun.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Friday
    Morzine
    13 days
    CANNOT WAIT!

jhw
    Free Member

Chamonix June 24-29 with my bro

Morzine August bank holiday weekend with a bunch of lawyers (lifts close on 31 Aug though…hope they run up to 31 Aug inclusive otherwise it's one day in Chatel and then two on the Pleney

Then possibly gearing up to a Les Arcs trip in September but I bet that by the time I've rallied the crew for it all the spots in the chalet will be taken in which case I'll be soloing

My favourite thing about Les Arcs is taking the black run from the bottom of the Avalanche down to Bourg, getting a McDonalds, eating it on the funicular back up, and then just repeating…all day…ride – burger – lift ride – 9 mcnuggets – lift – ride – mcflurry – lift – ride – muffin – lift

clive
    Free Member

2nd week of september

the Pyrenees indefinitely

get in 😀

spw3

BikeVerbier, yippee

(with or without 2.5" tyres, chain device)

sheldona
    Free Member

Leaving two weeks on Friday for a week in Morzine then off to the West Coast for a relax. Cannie Wait

eddie
    Free Member

week friday, 8 days in saalbach 😀 Doing the scott downhill challange 1000 riders down 8.5 km course, sweet

markfu
    Free Member

Les Arcs, first week in August and also first proper Alpine riding. I'll be riding on my own after a couple of days, not too fussed though. Really looking forward to it, i just hope the weather stays kind for my wife who will mostly be lounging around by the pool.

krag
    Free Member

Off to Morzine the last two weeks of July. 7 of us including the missus. Just found out a mate is going down at the same time with another 12 people so should be good times. Cannot wait!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

10th July for a week, Saint Foy
    been looking forward to it for months now and got the bike ready last week 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

As someone who is skint and not going to the Alps, can i just say i hate you all.

PJ266
    Free Member

Morzine from the 26th, Alp d'huez a week after.

Currently trying to make sure I dont forget anything.

ianv
    Free Member

Andorra, les Angles, La Molina pretty much all of August

Not the Alps but chairlifts, mountains and probably better weather

dasnut
    Free Member

jhw, see lift opening here:
    http://www.portesdusoleil.com/fr_ete/Remontees%20mecaniques/remontees.html

pleney doesn't shut til 5th sept, and bike park stuff in chatel is open til the 12th september.

Did I mention I got a job in Geneva and now live 1hr from Les Gets?
    Looking forward to the 1.5hr drive to Morgins for the passportes on Saturday – current weather forecast is good, freezing level back up to where it should be (3500m)
    Bring yer sunscreen

Gravy
    Free Member

Have to wait until 27th Jun til I'm off to the three valleys for my annual 10 days in the Alpes. Really looking forward to it. 8)

GRAEMEJONES

Same as Tracey, Bike Verbier, first week in August.
    Dusty trails booked, absolutely no snow whatsoever this year thank you ! ! 8)

jhw
    Free Member

did it snow last August in Verbier?!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Saturday. Les Arcs. BOOYAH!!!

GRAEMEJONES

When we were there in August 2007, had about 30 – 40 cm overnight, but all gone by late afternoon .Made things even more interesting 😯

binners

Off to Morzine tomorrow. Passporte du soleil on Sunday. I may have mentioned it already "D

16stonepig
    Free Member

Mega week! Leaving on 3rd July!

mandog

leaving Frdiy for PdS

DT78
    Free Member

Morzine cancelled for me this season 🙁

freeform5spot
    Free Member

bike now packed!

rockhopper70

morzine 1/7..guide booked…lodge booked..can't wait…broke a tyre lever getting the 2.5 minnion dhf on the rim! but it's worth it.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Leaving for the mega a week on Monday, however my forks don't turn up for another 9 days so could be tight.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

might have previously mentioned… But off to bikevillage from 26th june to 31st july… Woo.

snowslave

I'm just **** giddy. Off on Thursday morning

NZCol

Leave NZ Aug 20th for 7, yes SEVEN weeks in the alps inc. a week at Bikevillage and a week in Cham (thanks to my mate who has given us his chalet, good boy). Rest of time will be around Interlaken, Grindelwald etc etc. Bit of walking, i'll do some training, spend some time with my beautiful wife as this is our belated honeymoon. BooYah bring it on.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Bike-check
    Insurance-check
    Packed-opps
    Money-opps

Only three sleeps before we go.

smogmonster

Sainte Foy July 17th – 24th, then back again Sept 8th – 18th. The Fritzz is nicely prepped, all spares sat waiting at home, body armour in the post just in case. Roll on…

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Just don't mention the football.

fbk
    Free Member

Another one for the Mega here – leave 4th July for a week in Alpes D'Huez, followed by a week in Les Arcs….. getting nervous now!!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Portes Du Soleil, 4 of us, leaving on 3rd July. Can't wait.

smeg
    Free Member

Les Arcs
    Trail Addiction
    3rd july
    for a week, really looking forward to it now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘rad to see everyone gearing up for the Alps tonight’ is closed to new replies.