Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • Racist Muamba Tweets
  • djglover
    Free Member

What did he actually say?

float
    Free Member

apart from being a jeb end i couldnt see anything that was specifically aimed at the footballer 😕

djglover
    Free Member

who needs a lynch mob when you can tweet for the police on mass.

binners

I’m not racist and some of my friends are from different cultural backgrounds

Not quite “some of my best friends are black, but…..”. Not a million miles off though

warton
    Free Member

his first tweet was ‘LOL Muambas going to die’ or something similiar, then when challenged he unleashed some pretty vile racist stuff at various people. I saw collymores retweet on Saturday, and watched his account for a bit, he deserves to spend a bit of time inside for some of the stuff he was saying

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He does indeed for the spiteful and unnecessary remarks.

And then we can clean up STW:

Watching children, Peado…Burn the witch.

And least one other distasteful comment seems to have been removed by the mods.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Not sure what he siad, but given the fact that he has been warned that he might receive a custodial sentence I’m guessing it was pretty shameful.

jota180
    Free Member

I saw collymores retweet on Saturday,

I don’t do twitter so may be a mile off

But did someone else re-broadcast the remarks? – if so isn’t this the same as broadcasting them in the first place?

toys19
    Free Member

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” Evelyn Beatrice Hall, written under the pseudonym S. G. Tallentyre.

I understand he allegedly laughed at the fact the Muamba might be dead, which is a despicable thing to do under almost all circumstances, but I feel ashamed that this might end in prison.

soobalias
    Free Member

thats like that chelsea footballer trying to get away with

“actually i didnt call you a b**** c***, you must have misheard me old chap”

warton
    Free Member

jota, collymore retweeted the racist comments aimed at himself. he often does it to highlight the abuse he receives.

TBH from what I understand he laughed at the fact the Muamba might be dead, which is a despicable thing to do under almost all circumstances, but I feel ashamed that this might end in prison.

He’ll be going to prison for the racism I imagine.

Duggan

There’s another lad in court at the minute due to racist abuse he was giving Collymore on Twitter, you wonder what goes through people’s heads sometimes.

Apart from the fact he was spouting mindless abuse he hadn’t even bothered to cover his tracks internet-wise, so he was easily found and charged. I find it surprising that people still seem to think that you can say anything you like ‘because it’s the internet’ without any fear of reproach when it’s been proven time and again this isn’t the case.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So does that mean it’s okay to laugh at people dying but only if they are not black?

clubber
    Free Member

Legally I believe it would be ok to laugh at people (irrespective of their colour) dying so long as it wasn’t done in a discriminatory way. Distasteful, depressing and mean-spirited, but not illegal.

Same as people will no doubt be doing on the day Maggie dies…

gravitysucks
    Free Member

So does that mean it’s okay to laugh at people dying but only if they are not black?

Not ok to laugh at anyone dying, although I don’t think its illegal.

I think his original tweet sets him in a bad light but its the following racial tweets that will have him go down if he does.

MrsToast
    Free Member

He seems like a charmer (caution: Strong language and general unpleasantness)

Apparently he also broke out the c word that rhymes with ‘boon’. He got progressively more offensive as people reprimanded him, then realised that he was possibly in a bit of trouble and claimed he’d been hacked, then deleted his account. Then got arrested, then admitted everything and claimed that he was drunk.

There was one site that dragged up his old Bebo account, that said that he hated ‘Black Music’ and was ‘scared of illegal immigrants’.

Way to ruin your life, kid!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t follow football. I’m not overly sad that some bloke I never heard of before today has had a heart attack. It all smacks of the “Princess Diana” syndrome to me.

What I DO object to, is being commanded by various numpties to “pray” for the guy and being told by The Sun that “god is in control”, apparently…

Presumably, that being the case, that would be the same god that gave him the heart attack in the first place?

Feh. 👿

bigyinn
    Free Member

I agree with you woppit, why the mass outpouring of grief for someone I’d never heard of and never likely to meet i’ve no idea.
    What gets on my wick is that its “so shocking” for someone so young to have this happen according to the press. Yes it is, but would it have made the news if he didn’t kick a bag of air about the playing fields?
    A good friend of mine’s 7 year old kid had a stroke 2 days before christmas, didn’t see any mention of that in the Sun.
    Celebrity worshipping hypocrisy.

MSP

When someone apparently young and healthy drops on a football pitch, is seen fighting for his life in front of crowd of 40 thousand in the ground and several million on television, I don’t think its a surprise that it gets a fair amount of press coverage and captures the public’s attention.

But I have to agree that I am surprised at the religious overtures from many of the public statements.

bwaarp
    Free Member

That’s because over 50 percent of Briton still believe in some form of flying spaghetti monster in the sky.

They don’t trust doctors, scientists or experts and increasingly give weight to faith based healing such as god or homeopathy. Doctors don’t save people…god intervenes, as if god just takes peoples lives and then decides not to when enough people on earth have objected.

It scares me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

MSP – Member:But I have to agree that I am surprised at the religious overtures from many of the public statements.

Yes it is genuinely interesting when/how peoples’ attitudes change in the face of their own mortality.

highclimber
    Free Member

That’s because over 50 percent of Briton still believe in some form of flying spaghetti monster in the sky.

It scares me.

the rest beleive in fairies

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

When someone apparently young and healthy drops on a football pitch, is seen fighting for his life in front of crowd of 40 thousand in the ground and several million on television, I don’t think its a surprise that it gets a fair amount of press coverage and captures the public’s attention.

Whereas when we see loads of other black people starving to death, dying from preventable disease or being blown to bits in airstrikes; or old people freezing to death in one of the most developed countries in the 21st century, it barely gets a mention on the news and hardly anyone gives a flying ****.

It just seems a bit odd to me.

meddle
    Free Member

50%, this saddens me. I bet there are far more “closet atheists” about. I too have had a complete **** full of people telling me to pray for Muamba, when I explain my situation I’ve been called tasteless etc. I forget being Christian = being moral.

Anyway there are some right cretins about, sadly a lot of them do dwell from the Rhondda Valleys.

RustySpanner

The press were reporting the words of his fiancee with regards to the religious statements.
    Not very pleasant to use that to kickstart another debate about religion is it?

Same with the anti football sentiments.

As to the attitude that ‘I didn’t know him so I don’t care’, well empathy is not a sign of weakness.
    Rather the opposite, I’d say.

plodtv
    Free Member

What have the Rhondda valleys got to do with it?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

People may not know him personally, but any human being with a caring nature will hope that another fellow Human being doesnt suffer or pass away.
    I don’t know some patients on a personal level, but i can’t help but feel sadness if one passes away.

Same goes for Muamba, maybe more so as he is part of the club i have supported as a boy.

MSP

As to the attitude that ‘I didn’t know him so I don’t care’, well empathy is not a sign of weakness.
    Rather the opposite, I’d say.

I don’t think not connecting on an emotional level with a story being reported in the media shows a lack of empathy. In fact normally I tire of the faux grief displayed on the forum every time a celebrity dies.

For some reason this incident has touched me, I am not really sure why, I think it was genuine fear and emotion displayed on the faces of all those on the pitch which really struck home.

The only other “celebrity” death I can recall being affected by was the German goalkeeper who committed suicide following the death of his disabled daughter. The fact that his success as a footballer meant nothing when faced with a very personnel human tragedy got to me.

But generally I think its healthier to keep your emotions for the people you love and care about, not the ones pushed into your life by the media.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

But do you feel for every single person on the whole planet who suffers, becomes ill or dies?

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah but, of all the things in all the world, the thing you have to post for all the world to read, is some nasty horrible racist stuff about someones pain. well done mate. respect. You may have been a complete nobody, but now you have the attention you craved and are now marked as a complete nasty racist nobody. Good work.

RustySpanner

I certainly empathise with people experiencing grief, yes.

A young, extremely talented man, potentially set for great things, fighting for his life at 23 certainly makes me feel terribly sorry for the pain his family and friends must be going through.
    Nothing to do with the media, btw, I just don’t like seeing people suffer.

brakes
    Free Member

But do you feel for every single person on the whole planet who suffers, becomes ill or dies?

maybe it’s not about being a greif athlete for everyone, perhaps it’s about collective greif and feeling a sense of unity as a populous over one single event about which there can be only similar thoughts, those of sorrow and hope for a happy ending. no politics, no opinion, no arguments.

mogrim

I understand he allegedly laughed at the fact the Muamba might be dead, which is a despicable thing to do under almost all circumstances, but I feel ashamed that this might end in prison.

Fully agree, I can understand that shouting “Fire” in a crowded cinema should be an offence, but being an unpleasant ****?

avdave2

What I DO object to, is being commanded by various numpties to “pray” for the guy

I’m also an atheist but maybe it’s not about what you or I believe but about what the person you are being asked to pray for believes. If it helps them or their family then why not. If you knew someone in a very bad way whose beliefs meant that they would be given hope and comfort by knowing you were praying for them would you?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

it’s not about what you or I believe but about what the person you are being asked to pray for believes. If it helps them or their family then why not. If you knew someone in a very bad way whose beliefs meant that they would be given hope and comfort by knowing you were praying for them would you?

Well put, sir, well put.

No one is “commanding” you to do anything. They’re asking. If that helps them, then that’s a good thing.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Anyway, back to the real issue. BBc reporting that there are some positive signs for Muamba – recognising family and responding.

mrchrispy

I wouldnt wish what happened to him on anyone but get a grip, 99.99% of the people out there that are sooooo upset about it, have never and will never meet the bloke. Football supporters are just bloody strange.

maccruiskeen

I really am embarrassed to be an atheist sometimes. In fact I’m embarrassed to be an atheist more and more often.

konabunny
    Free Member

I think it’s outrageous and disgraceful that this douchebag could be sent to prison for being a douchebag on Twitter. It’s just unreal that such vast amounts of money could be contemplated being spent on suppressing freedom of speech, even when that speech is coming from a thick Ned.

Apparently he also broke out the c word that rhymes with ‘boon’. He got progressively more offensive as people reprimanded him, then realised that he was possibly in a bit of trouble and claimed he’d been hacked, then deleted his account. Then got arrested, then admitted everything and claimed that he was drunk.

There was one site that dragged up his old Bebo account, that said that he hated ‘Black Music’ and was ‘scared of illegal immigrants’.

Well, so what? Don’t go to the pub with him, then.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Racist Muamba Tweets’ is closed to new replies.