Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • UPDATED! Racing rumours: who’s left who, who’s joined who
  • moonsaballoon

I’ve been listening to the downtime podcast with Neko Mulally where he talks about his new bike . It’s a really good listen and I hope he has a good season .

Laurie on the syndicate is interesting , could be enough to just nudge him up to challenge those fast french guys regularly .

nickc

It’ll be interesting to see how many racers end up with the likes of Santa Cruz and GT, and what their race programs will look like over the next couple of years. With new owners; Pon with literally endless cash, and a business model that wants to challenge the likes of Specialized and Trek’s concept stores. I reckon they could be opening up the purse strings in a very “race on Sunday, sell on Monday” way. And add that with lots of “covid-19” short term contracts ending, this could be a really mix-it up year.

P-Jay
    Free Member

YT Mob seem to be sheading a lot of their riders?

dirkpitt74

Hoping that Katy Winton gets a decent seat – she did amazing this year considering she pulled it all together at the last minute.
    Would be great to see some Women on the CRC Nukeproof team.

I have a suspicion that Joe Breedon might be joining Atherton – can’t see Gee being back between the tapes this year.

weeksy

YT Mob seem to be sheading a lot of their riders?

YT Mob is no longer… YT Factory still remains, they’re separate entities.

muggomagic

I have a suspicion that Joe Breedon might be joining Atherton – can’t see Gee being back between the tapes this year.

Yeah I thought that too, but having just listened to Ben Cathro on the Downtime pod, I’m wondering if he might be one of the Pinkbike/Cathrovision riders.

matt_outandabout

I was wondering if it might be Katy Winton….

sharkattack

I bloody love DH racing. Can’t wait for blast off.

ayjaydoubleyou

I’m wondering if he might be one of the Pinkbike/Cathrovision riders.

Isn’t he a bit too good for that? I thought the idea was it was a development team for people who were not-quite-there-yet in terms of WC level racing and the requisite sponsorship for it.

In a kind of – can a full team set up, latest kit, physio, race pracitse with Ben etc push someone to the world stage. And more importantly, make a series of youtube videos about it.

An existing pro might be a bit too good (i.e. expensive) to fit that ethos.

moonsaballoon

According to the vital rumours thread Joe Breeden is off to Gwin’s Intense team to replace Neko .

I wondered if Atherton might sponsor an EWS rider to promote their trail/enduro bike or maybe they feel World Cup downhill is still where they can best promote the bikes . I suppose Santa Cruz don’t have a regular <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>podium contender at EWS level but still manage to sell a ton of trail/enduro bikes .</span>

vinnyeh

Not much chance I know, but I had thought that Katy Winton going to Ibis to replace Bex Baraona would be a good fit, the stuff she puts out on social media seems a match for Ibis’ profile.

Sad, but inevitable given the hijinks over the last while to see Tinker finally move on from Cannondale. That was a vfm sponsorship in my opinion.

ayjaydoubleyou

That was a vfm sponsorship in my opinion.

I’m too young/new to the sport to remember him in his prime. I didn’t know who he was until the recent antics.

If you have been around long enough to remember him, then you remember him winning on a Cannondale, whether or not they give him money now or not.

He does apparently do a lot of good stuff for the California regional/grass roots scene, so he may have market reach there that I am unaware of.

AlexSimon

If you have been around long enough to remember him, then you remember him winning on a Cannondale, whether or not they give him money now or not.

I do identify him with Cannondale, but also Klein – the paintjobs and his clothing/hair just seemed a perfect match with the era!

I think if you were part of the 12/24h racing scene much later on you would also have known his name. He’s remained at the top of his game, it’s just that his particular game has been given less and less coverage in comparison to Olympic XC and even cyclocross.

As vinnyeh says – the money he mentioned seemed pretty good value.

sillyoldman

I thought Alex Marin had a ride sorted? Back on Santa Cruz frames for IJR Racing?

qwerty
    Free Member

Does anyone actually know what happened between Tinker Juarez & Cannondale?

He was with Cannondale for 27 years and doesn’t even got a mention in the Cannondale Achieve book detailing their last 50 years and the riders involved between 1971 & 2021!

TInkers riding for Floyd Landis team now the Cannondale deals gone up in smoke, I did wonder if I was to do with higher pay, perhaps he upset Cannondale as he’s not one to beat around the bush, it’s a shame to see his Cannondale contract go to pot, made a right hash of it, perhaps once the haze clears he’ll breathe some fresh air with Floyd’s team.

tomhoward

I’d like to confirm that, for the 36th year running, I’ve made the decision not to ride for a factory team again this year.

BoardinBob

Pleased to confirm that I’ll be continuing my partnership with Kettle Chips and Overtone Brewing next season

razorrazoo

I’d like to confirm that, for the 36th year running, I’ve made the decision not to ride for a factory team again this year

To be fair you’ve probably got access to better parts than most of the trade teams anyway, you could set up TH Niche Racing 😁

nickc

Does anyone actually know what happened between Tinker Juarez & Cannondale?

I only know about the ill advised Instagram that Juarez put after the event really, where he pretty much called Cannondale everything under the sun for cutting his sponsorship of $25,000 or so. Long since deleted. Sad end to his association with them.

ernie

Top tip: Vlad Dascalu to Trek Factory Racing.

wipperman95
    Free Member

I’m surprised more haven’t been announced since it’s now after 1st January; the road teams are quick off the mark to show new signings and in their kit once midnight hits.

Seeing as Dascalu was riding with Trek-Segafredo’s pre Christmas training camp (as were Evie & Hattie), you’d expect him to end up at Trek Factory Racing.

razorrazoo

Syndicate has posted a teaser puzzle to its insta which suggests the strongly rumoured line up of Minnaar, Greenland, Goldstone and Hoffmann.

ayjaydoubleyou

it’s a shame to see his Cannondale contract go to pot, made a right hash of it, perhaps once the haze clears

dont know if thats a subtle hint or just random choice of words, but supposedly “straight laced” Cannondale seem to have no issue with Brycelands recreational narcotics. Or indeed his anti-vax conspiracy crap.

stevie750

dont know if thats a subtle hint or just random choice of words

Tinkef rides for Floyd’s of Leadville, which sells legal CBD products such as balms, protein and gel capsules.

nickc

and Hoffmann.

Was hinting heavily on her insta as well

Greenland

saw an Insta story with an Atherton bike in it….

razorrazoo

Greenland

saw an Insta story with an Atherton bike in it….

In the hands of Atherton team rider Charlie Hatton.

Someone on the Vital MTB rumours thread had photoshopped parts of the Syndicate puzzle onto pics of Greenland and Hoffmann.  They’re deffo on SCS.

nickc

Jackson Goldstone Nina Hoffmann and Laurie Greenland confirmed to Syndicate.

weeksy

Is Jackson up into seniors ?

Greenland is certainly one to watch for 2022 if he can gel with the SC.

lewis75
    Free Member

I think Jackson is 17 so another year in Juniors. I’m pleased Nina got a factory deal with the Syndicate, thoroughly deserved.

dirkpitt74

ernie

Top tip: Vlad Dascalu to Trek Factory Racing

Now confirmed.

And Connor Fearon on Forbidden.

Ben_Haworth

New Year, new you. That’s what they say. The racing off-season has seen plenty of chops and changes. Here is the state of play as it stands. Below is …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Racing rumours: who’s left who, who’s joined who PLUS reckless speculation

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

dirkpitt74

@moonsaballoon

According to the vital rumours thread Joe Breeden is off to Gwin’s Intense team to replace Neko

Not a bad shout – wasn’t Joe previously sponsored by Intense?
    I’m sure he was riding & wearing Intense at the Welsh Enduro a couple of years back before he went to UR.

ayjaydoubleyou

I think Jackson is 17 so another year in Juniors

As far as I’m aware its not mandatory in world cups (although it is bizzarely for world champs) to race in your age category rather than elite.

A few years ago there was discussion about whether Vali should move up early. She chose not to.

I clearly know nothing of the mental stresses or other factors on elite athletes but I personally think being a consistent top 10 and podium threat in elite to be a higher accolade and more exposure on TV than winning Juniors.

dirkpitt74
    dirkpitt74
    matt_outandabout

🇬🇧

mahalo

fine looking bike that new Hope (the previous two have been god awful to look at) Stuttard gotta be on one of them too eh??

dirkpitt74
    dirkpitt74

Luca Shaw joins Cnyn Cllctv and will be know as LC SHW*…….

*I made that bit up….

frogstomp
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘UPDATED! Racing rumours: who’s left who, who’s joined who’ is closed to new replies.