Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Racing Ralph sizes bit hit n miss?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Used to use Schwalbe tyres a lot but been on Maxxis for a bit. Anyhoo, i got some Ralph Double defense 2.25 as this year punctures are getting ridiculous. 2.25 used to be a nice size but these seem more like a 2.1 almost , definitely smaller than the 2.2 Maxxis they replace, is this typical of Schwalbe tyres now?

neninja
    Free Member

I use 2.25 RR Double Defense and thought they seemed quite voluminous. Certainly look no smaller that the 2.2 Rubber Queen I have on the full sus bike and bigger than the 2.2 Mountain King mk2 I have on the back of that bike.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Well they seem to certainly look smaller than the Ikon 2.2 on before them. Comparing it to my 29er (same rims on both bikes) which still has ikons on they seem a bit bigger. I guess maybe sidewalls are different shape, maybe the snakeskin etc in the Ralph prevents it from expanding too much?. Look to be quite sturdy though which is why i got them.

takisawa2

Not in my experience.
    New 2.35 Ralph on the Left.
    Old 2.4 Ralph on the Right.

IMAG0124 by pten2106, on Flickr

New one is supposed to have 50% less rolling resistance. 😕

bigbloke
    Free Member

Think you may be right guys, reckon my perspective was out as they look at least the same size when put next to each other. See below… 😳

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Racing Ralph sizes bit hit n miss?’ is closed to new replies.