Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Racing ralph alternatives
  • mattyfez

Hi

I need something a bit tougher, without too much more weight for a rear tyre as I keep trashing ralphs.
    Have a ron on the front which seems fine, would a nic on the back be too unbalanced?

Thanks

jonk
    Free Member

Rock razor?

Kryton57

Ralph snakeskin..?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattyfez

I like the look of the rock razor, but they are a bit pricey, maybe a snakeskin ralph could be an option

mattyfez

Just ordered a snakeskin, current tyre looks like this, inmer tube is making a bid for freedom! hardly any tread wear which is annoying!

Yak

Saguaro?

cheers_drive

I went from Ralph to Ron to Saguaro, much, much tougher in TNT guise and rolls even quicker despite being heavier.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bontrager XR2

welshfarmer

Ikon Exo.

xcstu
    Free Member

I’m a massive fan of the Ralph but had so many skin wall slashes seriously looking elsewhere!!

Welshfarmer – How you find the Ikon in the wet?

dickie
    Free Member

I’ve tried Ralphs & Ikon, but keep coming back to X-King ProTection 2.2

welshfarmer

I do regular MTB Orienteering events in all weathers on all terrains from tarmac to rocky gnar. The Ikon has been on the back of my bike since I built it up 2 years ago. I can honestly say I have never been more impressed by any tyre I have used. It may not be the best at anything but it is certainly the most versatile and the best compromise. I tried an X-King protection on my FS trail bike and it lasted 2 rides before tearing on a rocky descent. I have done the same descent a couple of times flat out under competitive conditions on the hard tail and the Ikon shrugged it off.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I have been impressed with the ikon on the rear.
    Grips where you would think it woundn’t!
    Used in in the odd few wet rides and surprising has held up well.
    Nice and fast where it counts too!
    Max

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Racing ralph alternatives’ is closed to new replies.