Racing car game and console….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Racing car game and console….
  • alpin

With winter coming I’m thinking of wasting the occasional evening doing something completely non-constructive.

Kinda fancy a driving game.

I used to have an original PS1 and Gran Turismo.

What console would you recommend and what driving game? Guessing GT is still the one to go for….

Have got a decent sized telly to play on.

Premier Icon mechanicaldope
    Subscriber

I love gt sport on ps4 but is a very different game to the earlier gt games. No real car tuning and customisation and most of the best racing is online but the sportsmanship ratings seem to keep you away from knobheads most of the time. Lots of new (free) content being added all the time too. This month saw addition of the red bill ring track.

geex

GT Sport and treat yourself to a G29 wheel and pedals

withersea

If starting from scratch GT Sport is going to be an expensive outlay for console, game (wheel if that is your preference) and play station live membership for online racing.

If you are coming from a PS1 scratch the itch with a PS3 and last version of Gran Turismo, it will cost you about 20% of the PS4 outlay.

That aside GT Sport is great and the free new content is great, i think thia ia the third or fourth free content upgrade with cars and circuits.

PS3 is a good call for itch-scratching.  Masses of choice.

I still love playing NFS Hot Pursuit, more arcade but high adrenaline

some tasters:

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

GT Sport and treat yourself to a G29 wheel and pedals

This. And if you have been very good this year, PSVR

alpin

I should have said,  I’ll be looking at 2nd hand and I think the GF would be keen on me setting up the lounge as an F1 cockpit ….

Happy enough with a controller (I think) f<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>or now … 👍</span>

I’ll have a look at ebay small ads.

withersea

If you are looking for a PS3 head to CEX as there kit comes with a one year gaurantee rather than ebay iffiness.

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

In a recommend what you have way. Forza Horizon or Motorsport on the XBox is very accessible.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>If you’re only whiling away the odd evening or two the Horizon version has a kind of lazy unrushed/unstructured feeling to it but you can piddle away hours just driving around if you’re not in the mood for racing.</span>

Racing is a bit more serious in Motorsport but the tuning option can create some interesting to drive experiment….

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Xbox One, Forza Horizon 3.  (FH4 is imminent.)

nickewen

As above – I have Forza 7 and Horizon 3. Both great games in their own right. I find myself turning to Horizon more and more as it’s easier to just pick up and have a blast in some nice motors.. Horizon 4 looks incredible and is set in good old Blighty – I may have to invest in a new telly and a One X to get the full 4K loveliness from the game.

kayla1

I quite like Dirt 2 and MX vs ATV Reflex on the Xbox 360 for a quick blast cos they’re both pretty forgiving and it’s doing skids on dirt so what’s not to like? 🙂 +1 for CEX for the year’s guarantee as well. I got the console from there (£50) and the games came from car boot sales for a couple of quid each 😀

patriotpro

NFS: Hot Pursuit is ace.

The polar-opposite of GT imo which is shite and utterly boring imo.

popstar

PS4 + Assetto Corsa + Thrustmaster t300 + Playmate chair … go on, spoil yourself.

Xbox One and WRC7 with a Thrustmaster wheel and pedals. Brilliant fun.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Probably worth adding,

The reason I mentioned the Xbox One is because the Forza series is exclusive to the Xbox.  I’m not 100% certain but I think most of the other suggestions above are available on both the One and PS4.

Ordinarily I’d recommend that there isn’t a vast amount of difference between the two and the best choice is usually to get what your mates have so you can play together online, anything else is usually fanboy-ism.  The PS4 arguably has the edge on exclusive titles, but in this particular case if you’re buying a console specifically to play racing games then Forza is hard to beat.

Premier Icon barney
    Subscriber

What Cougar said. I own a PS4 (and GT Sport). In most other instances (ie exclusives that appeal to me) I’m very happy with my choice – but if you’re just after a driving game, IMO the Xbox and Forza/Horizon is a much better bet.

Milkie

I would recommend a PS4, GT Sport & G29 Wheel & Pedals for ultimate immersion.. For the price you won’t get much better, without spending £3k+ on a PC gaming rig.

Here’s my incomplete simrig..

I don’t have a photo of it complete with wheel, pedals, tactile transducers, VR, etc as I’m too busy enjoying it! 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.