Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Rachel Khoo – thoughts?
  • surfer
    Free Member

Pretentious of course but she is very purdy!

atlaz
    Free Member

I find her intensely annoying. I also wish she’d stop pretending her food is modern “takes” on French classics. She has taken ingredients of those classics and made something barely related to the original dish and uses that as a hook to pretend it’s something more than it is. Ironically, if she knocked off that crap (and the “look how cool I am living in a shoebox and cooking with charity shop pans”) and just said her food was French influenced I’d be less wound up.

And don’t get me started on her bio. Making it sound like she’s a trained chef when she really just took a 2/3 month course that makes up a small part of the diploma from the cordon bleu school.

I really shouldn’t get so worked up about marketing bollocks.

neil853
    Free Member

aw no, just found her on twitter…… 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jota180
    Free Member

what’s wrong with that ? they pay their license fee too don’t they ?

dunno, you tell me – I don’t recall saying there was anything wrong with it

hora
    Free Member

Well at least she doesn’t do that cringeworthy pouting, shoving breasts up and trying to look sexy to the camera like Nigella does.

Imagine Hugh FWS’ tossing his locks, trying to look manly and showing his bicep to the camera whilst cooking.

trailmonkey

dunno, you tell me – I don’t recall saying there was anything wrong with it

oh right you thought that it being

Islington TV for the Guardian set

was a positive thing then.

glad we agree.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Have a feeling they are trying to train the next Nigella.. not really taken by it though

stuarty
    Free Member

Think its all pure balls
    Cooking programs on at dinnertime
    Not on im afraid

Its like heres what you could have won,
    As for the great british menu wise up never seen them cook a deep. Fried pizza
    Nope more like edible flower decorating

jota180
    Free Member

was a positive thing then.

If you’re a Guardian reading Islingtonite(?) – I guess it is

uphillcursing
    Free Member

You can have frothing at the mouth ranting, thinly veiled racism and Homophobia from certain contributors. Yet

Going to ban some people for the stupid mysoginistic posts. Some people just can’t help themselves. You are posting to a large public audience. You look stupid. Please develop some respectable self control or sod off our forum. You are boring the rest of us normal people.

I’ve cleaned up this thread. If there’s anymore ‘I would’ type posts the posters will be banned for two days.

That is why there will never be a Premium membership bought by me. Program makers using her obvious attractiveness to push the program. To me it is no different to selling photos to the press one day and complaining of intrusion the next.

hora
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    looks like interesting no nonsense food.

In other words shes your type/you’ve got a wee crush on her Chris 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

@uphillcursing

It’s a bit like US telly. You can have as much violence and swearing as you like….but if you show a bit of nipple, you’re screwed* 8)

*In a non-sexual way.

neil853
    Free Member

Why all the angst? I don’t get it? I just look at it that she’s a good looking (all be it a bit pretentous but I like that, read into that what you will) lass that holds a bit more of my attention by cooking nice food. Or am I just being shallow? 😉

Mark

Uphillcursing,

Did you report any of the other threads you found upsetting?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

People are entitled to their opinions as far as I am concerned. May not agree with them but who am I to say what is which side of the line a comment lies on?

If I do not like the way a thread is going I can always stop reading. Much as I would leave the cinema if I found the movie upsetting. The threads that may cause offence are generally easy to spot I find. I suspect morbid curiosity takes the complainers in but have no idea what drives them to continue reading and then complain.

In short, no I have never complained about a thread (even Fred personal abuse ones).

fergal
    Free Member

posh totty, whats not to like, even had me making salade d’hiver to impress the other half.

hora
    Free Member

uphillcursing does your Hope freehub make a nice buzzing noise when you backpedal?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Hora, I don’t think I am back peddling. I got the hump when my post was deleted and I read the reasoning of the moderator. I find it difficult to believe anyone could have been offended by what I wrote. Left to me I would have no moderation rather than the over zealous kind.

jools182
    Free Member

A 3 month cookery course?

You’ve got to admire her bullshitting skills to get a tv series out of that

anagallis_arvensis

uphillcursing, post it again and I’ll judge you?? :mrgreen:

sparksmcguff

Sorry no thoughts here, seem to be living in a bubble, who is this Rachel Khoo of whom you speak (pictures please)

atlaz
    Free Member

I once saw Ching-He Huang (pretty chinese TV cook) burn some nuts she was browning and then use a jar of curry sauce from Sainsburys in her “quick and easy green curry” (course it’s easy, it’s from a jar). Very much a case, in my opinion, of packaging taking precedence over content for her programme.

richmtb

I made her lavender chicken the other night after seing a repeat of her on Sunday morning. It was very tasty and simple to make

hora
    Free Member

Slightly OT but Aki ROYALLY wound my SIL up with her eye popping look everytime her food was discussed 😆

spacemonkey

Not a fan of Ms Khoo or her cooking. Just doesn’t do anything for moi.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nope. Not interested in another person talking near food.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Rachel Khoo – thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.