Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Raceface Circus of Dirt Enduro this weekend
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Who is going?
    My first race of the year and I am looking forward to this one 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

the Newnham one that was postponed form before Xmas?

yep, ill be there

scottfitz
    Free Member

Weather looks interesting, Ride the river and all that!!

Stupid.is
    Free Member

I will be there too!

Which snorkel for Mini Enduro?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Dry suit is what your after.

amedias
    Free Member

well… that was wet! how did you find it Scottfitz?

kimbers

any pictures up, what was the course like?

Stupid.is
    Free Member

what was the course like?

Erm apart from muddy, really good fun. The stage started off not to steep and fast, before betting techincal with steeper sections. Lots of off camber roots, gullys and a couple of nice drops in Cann Woods kept things interesting. The last stage end section was like being the ball in a pin ball machine! I finshed before my bike did. 😆

amedias
    Free Member

not seen any piccies yet but I’m sure they will turn up somewhere soon

scottfitz
    Free Member

how did you find it Scottfitz?

[quote]what was the course like? [/quote]

I liked it.

Stage 1 (In Newnham park)
    A flat out sprint on fast flowy single track, not very technical but you could get yep some real speed if you got on the pedals. Even with all the rain it held up really well apart from one or two muddy corners near the end. (2nd best stage in my opinion)

Stage 2 (In Cann woods)
    Really good stage, Started on off camber rooty single track with a couple of line choices over the roots if you could make it stick. Then drops in to a DH track with lots of cool features and a gully/trench/steep bit to finish. Loads o grip to be had on this one even the rooty bits where grippy at speed 🙂 Best stage!!!

Stage 3 (In Newnham park)
    Up hill start/sprint which I liked, then it turn in to more twity single track with some nice technical corners, bit muddy but still grip to be had. The last bit was not to my liking very thin bench cut which was very slippy, very close to lots of tree which I probably hit all of them. Could have doing a bit more cutting in given the conditions but that’s a very minor point on a very well put together course.

Good length to the stages too.

Really good day, good value too. Cann woods stage made it really I would have been happy for all the stages to be in there 😉 but Newnham park made a really good base camp.
    Timing system seemed good to, shame it didn’t work on stage 3 (I think they said it was user error)

Shame no prize giving on the day but I think everyone was very wet and muddy a just wanted to get home.

I finished 33rd out of 129 in the end, happy with that.

I can’t make round 2 as I have a local clash (Gravity project rd 1 @ Rogate) but if your in the Southwest its well worth a crack.

amedias
    Free Member

Pretty good summary there I would say, Although I was a bit disappointed with stage 1, but that’s only because I’ve ridden that section before in the dry at 24/12 and it’s sooooo much better in the dry!

Was comedy gold watching people finish the 3rd section, lots of mud surfing and a fair few people finishing independently of their bikes!

I was reasonably pleased with my 28th place, but would have been interesting to see how the stage 3 times affected things as I think a lot of people lost and made up time on that section depending how many trees you body-checked on the way down!

ricky1
    Free Member

I would like yo start raving but don’t know where to find the info on up and coming events,would anyone have any suggestions where I could get this info please?

ricky1
    Free Member

That’s racing not raving sorry,I’ve done enough raving …..

scottfitz
    Free Member

I would like yo start raving but don’t know where to find the info on up and coming events,would anyone have any suggestions where I could get this info please?

If it is Gravity based enduro you are after then here is a list of nearly all of them: Roots & rain Enduro
    Keep a special eye out for these races:
    Day & Night Enduro, QE Country Park & Trail Collective Enduro, QE Country Park
    I hear the organizer is a super great guy 8) 😕

amedias
    Free Member

Also keep an eye on the XCRacer website for XC (and Enduro Events) there’s also a fairly big list of events on the British Cycling website.

Check out/join local riding Facebook groups too as most events get posted to them as well.

are you in the South West ricky?

ricky1
    Free Member

Thanks for the info I’ll check them all out,no I’m up north,not far from the ard rock event,I ride the dales regularly,need to get up to speed on what all these races mean like gravity based enduro and the like,I’m new to all racing,thanks again.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Ricky where are you from? Here’s some of the northern enduro’s that I know of.

30th March – Hamsterley Forest
    6th April – Innerleithen
    27th April – Gisburn
    4th May – Alwinton
    18th May – Grizedale Forest
    30th May – 1st June – Tweedlove festival Enduro (Scotland)
    15th June – Kirroughtree
    2-3rd August – ‘Ard Rock Enduro (Dales bike centre – Swaledale)
    14th September – Gisburn
    4/5th October – Lee Quarry
    19th October – Kielder Enduro

scottfitz
    Free Member

,need to get up to speed on what all these races mean like gravity based enduro and the like,I’m new to all racing

From UKGE page, pretty good description:

What is enduro racing?

Enduro racing is not a downhill race neither is it a cross country race, its a mix of the 2, you’ll need to have riding skills + fitness for these events, the stages or timed sections are usually pointing down, but can have short climbs and flat sections also, the terrain will also vary from trail centre type to natural root and rock. After each stage there is a non timed section to your next stage, this usually involves riding uphill for some distance and varies on venue and stage.
    – See more at: http://www.ukgravityenduro.com/race-info/#sthash.jvLHx1xf.dpuf

ricky1
    Free Member

Cheers scottfitz,that explains a lot,I think enduro racing is right up my street then.
    Thanks for the info Yorkshire89,I’m not far from Gisburn in clitheroe,looking to enter enduro at Gisburn,where are you?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’m from York ricky. Haven’t entered any enduro’s yet so this will be my first year, looking forward to it 🙂

Thanks Diane, thats just a list I made up of the enduro’s closest to me, there’s probably a few I’ve missed.

orena45

27th place for me, which I was happy with 🙂

Took me a while to get my legs going on Stage 1 and loved Stage 2. Stage 3 was good on the practice lap but I ballsed up the tight right-hand switchback towards the end and slid off down the bank. Needless to say, I wasn’t too gutted the Stage 3 times were discounted!

Anyone seen any pics anywhere, apart from mullet-something-or-other ones?

Will be back for Round 2 in March!

ricky1
    Free Member

Thanks Diane,I might not get that far up this year,I’m like Yorkshire and this is my first year racing so I’ll see how I get on in and around my local area but you never know.
    Yorkshire do you have your ticket for Gisburn yet?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Not booked yet, but probably will do once payday comes around.
    I’ve not been to gisburn yet so need to get a couple of practise days in beforehand!

Diane
    Free Member

yorkshire89, ricky1 – do it! 😀

ricky1
    Free Member

I’m on it Diane,need to start training now.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Did anyone find any links to pics?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Circus of Dirt Enduro this weekend’ is closed to new replies.