Raceface Circus of Dirt 24th Nov Newnham

Home Forum Bike Forum Raceface Circus of Dirt 24th Nov Newnham

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Raceface Circus of Dirt 24th Nov Newnham
  • zelak999

Any inside Info on the upcoming RaceFace Circus of Dirt enduro at Newnham Park on the 24 November?
    Is it just a ‘taster’ mini enduro?

It’s a small, friendly enduro designed to give those who haven’t done one before a taste of what it’s like without having the intimidation or expense of some of the larger races.

The courses will all be designed to be ridden by anyone with a half decent degree of MTB skill but still be challenging at speed for those who are more competent.

If you are a rider who races enduros already it’s just a good opportunity to ‘keep your eye in’ over the winter months, have some fun and ride the, otherwise out of bounds, Newnham Park.

The timing should be bang on too as the organiser has just purchased a state of the art electronic chip timing system I believe.

Hope that helps.

hamishthecat

Might have a go at that. Doing the 1st Soggy round next Sunday.

zelak999

Cheers Richie, sounds good.
    Do you know if everyone will everyone start at the same time?

Hi Zelak.
    No worries – I don’t know how the start will work but I’ll find out and post it up.
    I’d guess that there will be a ‘Start Window’ where you’ll have to be on course between, say, 9:30 and 10:30 but I’m only guessing so will find out for sure and confirm.

Ok – I’ve just had it confirmed. It will be a start window meaning you can hit the course when you like.
    This should mean less traffic on the trails and less (or no) queuing at the start of the timed sections.

Hope that sounds good to you. It should be a great day of riding.

zelak999

Count me in, that sounds pretty ideal!
    Thanks for posting the info.

Yeah it sounds like a riot – I shall be doing everything I can to shun doing any actual work at the event and also riding it 🙂

See you there.

hamishthecat

HTF are you supposed to enter this event – it’s impossible to find an entry page…

hamishthecat

Cheers for that. After I posted I finally found the page…

scottfitz

I have signed up, what’s Newnham park like? I have never raced there.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

at the moment? I would imagine quite muddy…

scottfitz

So its not rocky and drains quickly then jam bo? I have ridden Haldon before anything like that?

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Havent ridden there in a while but not from memory.

and the weather down here has been awesome for kayaking the last couple of weeks.

hamishthecat

It was a bit of a clagfest last weekend for the XC races. Newnham is pretty clayey. I’ll be interested to see where the course is as there’s not a massive amount of rocky stuff there. PLenty of steepness though.

scottfitz

It was a bit of a clagfest last weekend for the XC races. Newnham is pretty clayey. I’ll be interested to see where the course is as there’s not a massive amount of rocky stuff there. PLenty of steepness though.

so a thin ish mud tyre sound about right.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

might dry out a bit. no more rain forecast down here for this week.

hamishthecat

so a thin ish mud tyre sound about right

Complete lottery I suspect. Ideally you need something that sheds the mud well because the clay there really sticks to tyres. If does rain much beforehand then something like Wetscreams could be the way to go but since I don’t have the luxury of buying condition-specific tyres I’ll be taking the 2.4 Fat Alberts I already have…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Circus of Dirt 24th Nov Newnham’ is closed to new replies.