Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RaceFace BB bearing replacement size?
  • milky1980
    Free Member

I’ve got a threaded 30mm RaceFace BB on my current bike and the bearings are notchy so it needs replacing but I’ve seen that they are replaceable with a standard bearing size. Normally I’d just chuck a Hope one on for this exact reason but if I can do the same on the current one I won’t bother. Trouble is there’s no number on the bearings in there and googling it brings up different sizes or people saying it can’t be done. Anyone know what size I need from having done it themselves?

sandal100

I replaced the bearings in my Race Face Cinch BSA BB with 6806 bearings. 30mm id, 42mm od and 7mm thick.

The cup has a slight bevel on the inside edge so you can just get some purchase to knock the old ones out.

milky1980
    Free Member

Great, bearings aren’t expensive either.  Don’t like throwing away stuff for the hell of it so I’ll get some bearings tomorrow and give it a bash.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Also look for 71806 and angular contact bearing variant. They might last a little longer. I could get half a cx season from them.

rascal
    Free Member

Milky – let us know how you get on as I have the same dilemma of whether to replace notchy bearings or go down Hope route…(RF BSA30 with Turbines).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RaceFace BB bearing replacement size?’ is closed to new replies.