Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Raceface ARC40 Easton AR rim confusion
  • Premier Icon mcnultycop

My bike came with Raceface ARC40 rims (Ghost Roket, so Ghost branded hubs) and they’ve been ace but I leathered the rear one up at Cragg Quarry a few weeks ago and it wouldn’t seal properly. I popped a tube in and got home then knocked the rim back into shape and got it to seal (pliers and a hammer) tubeless again. The wheel was a bit noisy and pingu from the spokes, I thought, on a test ride tonight and I’ve lost a bit of confidence in the rim.

I’m looking to get another rim and get the LBs to rebuild on the same hub.

I can find a Raceface ARC40 rim in a few eBay places (32h by the way), but they are pricey. There seem to be some Raceface AR40 rims and Easton AR40 rims knocking about for much less money but I’m not sure if these are less burly than the ARC40 or if the Raceface/Easton range had just renamed things and this was basically the same rim.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Premier Icon scotroutes

IIRC the AR40 was produced at a lower cost for bike manufacturers and the ARC was the higher end product. Possible I have that the wrong way round though 🙂

Premier Icon Northwind

CRC has the ARC 40 for peanuts

Premier Icon mcnultycop

Only 28h though Northwind, I need 32h

Premier Icon isoo
    Free Member

It’s what scotroutes said, AR is an OEM cheapo version of the ARC.

Premier Icon submarined
    Free Member

If the ARC40 is as ‘strong’ as the ARC30, I’d seriously think about looking elsewhere. I’ve got an Eritrean build (according to the world BMI index) but I’ve still trashed the crap out of a couple. Light and stiff, but not strong (the rims and me)

Premier Icon bigyan
    Free Member

I would check the ERD and if you are lucky something else will work for a lace over.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.