Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Race Results datasets?
  • titusrider
    Free Member

Anyone got any ideas on where i might be able to get my hands on a data extract of road racing results?

I want to play with some cool data visualisation stuff and i think race results would be a nice dataset.

Or if any of the smaller MTB race organisers are on here would any of you be willing to give out a few years results in return for some pretty graphs?

Ive tried IG markets and UCI so far!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

There are plenty of MTB race results available on the Timelaps website.

I did a race a while ago, can’t remember which one, and they published a sort of graph afterwards with names down the left, position on the right and laps across the top.
    You could follow a line from left to right and see how a rider’s position had changed lap to lap.
    That was pretty cool, it would be good if more races did that.
    Is that what you’ve got in mind ?

njee20
    Free Member

Si Lancaster used to do that for loads of races, was good, let me see if I can find his site!

Edit: Here, dunno if there’s databases on there you can use – drop him an email.

titusrider
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl9tVyyYdoo[/video]

Was what I was thinking of doing with it, I just want a good dataset to play with for some blogging/learning etc that isnt “Adventureworks” *in joke content*

What I would really love to play with is a scrape of the UCI results page for World tour road racing:
    http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MTYzMzY&LangId=1

any web devs think it would be feasible?

Brownbacks
    Free Member

Or if any of the smaller MTB race organisers are on here would any of you be willing to give out a few years results in return for some pretty graphs?

yes, email us at info@

we can send them out in excel or the raw csv data. We have staggered starts though so it may have to be done category by category

atlaz
    Free Member

Reminds me, I had a cycling related visualisation project I need to finish

tomfoolery
    Free Member

@titusrider did you have an luck with this? there’s a sight called athlinks.com that offers a database of race results. I would love to know how you’ve got on, visualizing race results is a big interest of mine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Race Results datasets?’ is closed to new replies.