• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jase.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Race Number Magnets – any good?
  • Jase
    Free Member

Anyone used those magnets you can get for attaching race numbers to jerseys in place of safety pins?

Thinking of getting some for daughter to save her jersey/skinsuit so wondered it they are any good.

Initial thoughts are could be difficult to fit on a skinsuit whilst daughter is wearing it!

theotherjonv

I saw some while browsing a running mag recently, no experience but to get them inside a skin suit, surely you could put them in place without the number, then put the suit on carefully and then the insides are held in place between the body and the tightfitting fabric while you can remove the outer (one by one if necessary to put the number on once you pick it up at race HQ

grebcrelien
    Free Member

I had some and used them on my skin suit. They didn’t really work well enough and the number couldn’t be stretched tightly enough. In the end I sent the skin suit away to have a speed pocket fitted, it works!

They’re probably OK for running vests but aren’t powerful enough for skin suits in my opinion.

grebcrelien
    Free Member

Another option is a tri belt with number pocket attached, I’ve seen some riders in TT’s use them.

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve tried Event Clips. They are a kind of press-stud thing, not magnets.

Works fine with a running vest, though not sure if its really much improvement over safety pins. Don’t know if they would work on a skin suit. https://www.eventclip.net/

TiRed

Event clips for tyvek numbers are great. I use them all summer on my skinsuit for circuit races. I marked the suit for position. Not used the magnets, but think the clips will be more robust.

Nopinz pockets are also gaining polarity, but done mount the numbers on the side for side-on finish cameras.

For road races, with pinned plastic numbers, you can’t use the clips.

Jase
    Free Member

ok cheers, magnets not sounding as good as I hoped so will give a miss.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Race Number Magnets – any good?’ is closed to new replies.