Race 29er wheelset recommendations

Home Forum Bike Forum Race 29er wheelset recommendations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Race 29er wheelset recommendations
  • bikerbruce

Budget of £500
    light,stiff.. Tubeless or tubular..
    fire away

Rorschach

Light Bicycle carbon rims,A2Z hubs,supercomps and Ali nips.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Just built some AM Classic hubs onto Light Bicycle hookless rims with Revolution spokes. 1370g on my scales, not used them yet, but tyres went up nicely and they’re bloody stiff – just trying to stress them when building there’s noticeably less ‘give’ than a lightweight alu rim.

Edit: A2Zs would be my choice if I still ran QR both ends, had some on Podiums on my last bike and they were great, but no 15mm or 142x12mm option.

frood

hope hoops

Rorschach

He said light and stiff 😉

bikerbruce

Let me know how you get on with those nick!

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Sure will!

I’d be tempted by some of the wide 700c tub rims from LB. Don’t know if they’d be tough enough though.

Premier Icon adsh
    Subscriber

Just built some AM Classic hubs onto Light Bicycle hookless rims with Revolution spokes. 1370g on my scales, not used them yet, but tyres went up nicely and they’re bloody stiff – just trying to stress them when building there’s noticeably less ‘give’ than a lightweight alu rim.

What spoke count for that weight? I have some AM classics I want to do the same with but they’re 32s which might be overkill? – I’m 75kg.

Premier Icon composite
    Subscriber

Light Bicycle carbon rims with your favorite hub. I went with DT Swiss 350. If you get the centre lock the combined weight of both hubs is only about 30ish grams heavier than the 240’s 6 bolt and they have the same internals.

bikerbruce

I’m 75kg too.. good ideas so far!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Race 29er wheelset recommendations’ is closed to new replies.