Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Raccoons in London?
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

My estranged wife claims that there is a raccoon (or possibly a skunk) living in the potting shed of the former matrimonial home, in South West London.

She claims to have seen the creature briefly once, and to have heard it rustling about, before she fled inside and summoned help.

I am uncharitably sceptical about there being raccoons (or indeed skunks) living wild in South London potting sheds. Am I being unfair? Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Raccoon

Skunk

Shed

Pook
    BigDummy
    Free Member

The suggestion that it was either a badger, a squirrel or a cat has been met with considerable irritation. But yes…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Badger

Cat

Squirrel

psychle
    Free Member

This guy?

ruminant
    Free Member

slight deviation, but there's a women in Dronfield that has two pet racoons, did a proper double take when i first saw them.

she walks down the street on leads like dogs!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Would you check whether she's lost one? Ta

headfirst
    Free Member

There are definitely wild raccoons in England. They feature prominently in the live action version of the film 101 Dalmatians.

RustySpanner

Could it be a rat with an Adam Ant fixation?

Drac

ruminant
    Free Member

can do, but derbyshire to the big smoke is hell of a long way just to annoy your good self 😉

seriously though its not beyond the realms that there are wild racoons, haven't you got parakeets flying round london now not to mention all the beast sightings on bodmin and such like.

Britain is littered with non indigenous species that have been brought over/escaped/stowed away over the years. Didin't little bill oddie do a program recently?

CountZero

There is certainly a breeding colony of skunks in the Forest Of Dean, and I've heard there are Racoons breeding in the UK as well. As North American animals they'll do well in our climate. Just make sure you've got good locks on the dustbins, sneaky critters'll get in anywhere, they particularly like roofspaces.

thomthumb
    Free Member

the ex calls up with reports of raccoons in the shed eh? 😉

I'd say you need to go round and sort that raccoon right out!! 8)

nickc

Whilst I'm willing to accept that there might be (without prejudice) racoons in London, it seems more likely to be indigenous…Badger? small badger? Racoon impersonating badger?

I'm guessing…

trout
    Free Member

Raccoon Bites off Just be a bit carefull when you go to sort the shed living raccoon out

antigee

a friend told me about a film in which the odd job gardener had to sort out a beaver in the potting shed

BigDummy
    Free Member

Trout, that is a truly amazing series of circumstances… 😯

pk-ripper
    Free Member

it was a horse.

They're safe in gardens as they don't eat children.

MrsToast
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When you do catch it, between yourself and c_g, you'll definitely make a nice piece of headwear. You'll be like Davy Crockett 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Crikey Ant. Where've you been? All well?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Hey Jon. I've been dressing up as a racoon and causing mayhem in the Kingston area.

Next week I intend to dress up as a chip and try and get Jim Rosenthal to eat me during World Cup coverage.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Glad to hear it. 🙂

scaredypants

maybe she saw a raccoon after overdoing skunk in the shed ?

Mr_C
    Free Member

Does it have a french accent? And does she own a black and white cat which may have recently squeezed under a freshly painted white fence?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tally ho!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You've put on a bit of weight there flashy (that's you front left isn't it?)

Tell me, are they called pinks even when they're not red?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You spotted me, Darcy!

Pinks are called pinks as they were originally made by a tailor called Thomas Pink (The name continues as a dreadfully overpriced purveyor of awful shirts, there's no real relation to the original company bar the name). Nothing to do with the colour.

samuri
    Free Member

It's probably a fox. Keep your children away from it.

CountZero

Just hope to God it isn't one of these.

brakes
    Free Member

it was Anne Widdecombe
    your estranged wife, as a last hurrah, wants some ménage à trout
    roll up your trousers and get stuck in

BigDummy
    Free Member

[Refuses on principle to wish plague of wolverines on spouse] 🙂

trout
    Free Member

Is that a honey badger
    Well ard critters those

WTF is a Menage a trout

BigDummy
    Free Member

WTF is a Menage a trout

Very well illuminated?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Did someone mention a mènage with a brown trout? Where do I sign up?

skidartist
    Free Member

Did someone mention a mènage with a brown trout? Where do I sign up?

If we've learned anything from this thread it would be that, whatever you are mènaging with, try to avoid the biting end.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

bakes thats a brilliant post. the pic was perfect.

brakes
    Free Member

I'm not so sure, I feel a little unclean

nickc

I think we may have sunk to new depths of depravity. Congratulations all round.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Must surely have been an Ewok

Feejawawa

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Raccoons in London?’ is closed to new replies.