Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • RACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCING… Time to get our act together.
  • appltn

Sounds good, thanks!

nixie

Think I’m sporting #2 (though am #1 on the list).

weeksy

Good luck all!!!!

nixie

23rd in fun. Did 9 runs in the end and I’m stuffed. Very consistent on my run times.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I am far too unfit/lazy for stages 1 & 2 but loved 3.  Only did six runs, minimum to get a time, and would have liked to do stage 3 again but I needed to get away and the queue was long.  Happy enough with 8th in the old gits class (over 50s men) given my lack of talent.  I’m no racer but it was nice to do an event after so long

appltn

I managed 7th in fun and ended the day with a “one last run” OTB head/tree incident on stage 3 which somehow also managed to loose my top cap.

8 runs in total, fish and chips refilling in petersfield afterwards. Great day!

Yak

9th in fun male and 7th for my son in u14s. All good fun, especially stage 3.
    It did feel good to put a number on again. I think it was a southern xc in 2019 before this.
    Anyway, we both really enjoyed it.

Edit: 20th and 9th on roots and rain.

nixie

Well done all. I think fitness was making up for lack of talent in stages 1&2 for me. No way to hide on stage 3 though!

jamesoz

The Mud tyres were a terrible idea. Managed to swap the front for a Hillbilly after pinging down stage 2.
    18th in the Vets on my Hardtail. Or tenth in Hardtail if they had put me in the right category.

Stage 3 was brilliant, only got two goes on it and had traffic from two riders on one run.
    Binned it at the start of stage one after daring to go near a root.

Yak

Yeah it dried up well considering the rain in the morning…..but the roots were slick early on. I went with wild enduros front and rear, ditching the aggressor that was on the back before.

kiksy
    Free Member

Really fun race.

Have some 2 year old well loved tyres on which I’d left on as the race was going to be on the trail centre so thought would be fast. Couldn’t be bothered to change them then it rained. As it turned out the tracks dried quickly but first run down each stage was pretty wild.

Got 11 runs in but only 2 on stage 3 as the queue was so long I couldn’t be bothered to wait.

Great atmosphere even with the restrictions, and was nice to be out chatting to people again. I really like the mashup format,Can’t wait for next one.

superfli
    Free Member

My lad and his best mates first race yesterday. I surprised them and joined in, mainly because I was worried how they’d fair in the conditions. They both loved it! No proper bins, and managed to complete all their stages plus 1 extra S3. Think I’m going to be taking them to a few more races in future!
    I would have liked to have gotten a few more stages in myself, got held up a bit and had a dropped chain, but managed 4th in HT. Considering I’m not far off grand vet, I’m pleased with that 😀

nedrapier

Well done all. I think fitness was making up for lack of talent in stages 1&2 for me.

Stage 3 was brilliant, only got two goes on it and had traffic from two riders on one run.
    Binned it at the start of stage one two after daring to go near a root.

Saved me the bother of typing that myself own, cheers! Nice chatting to people in queues. Fun stages (apart from the first 1/2 of #2!

Stage 2 was so frustrating. I had 5 goes at that one, determined to get a clean run with no stacks or traffic. I could not get my head round not braking mid-corner on the roots! Pretty basic bike handling stuff, but just couldn’t help myself!

Yak

+1 on stage 2 being tricky! Definitely my worst stage but didn’t get a chance to go back and do more runs on it as my son was keen to do another lap on the mega fun stage 3! I may have chatted to you in the stage 2 queue? You were on go #4 at the time.

Anyway – thought about cornering on yesterday’s family ride and drilled some flat corners. Simple things, but if it takes a race for me to rethink some body positioning then that’s good.

weeksy

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/?series_id=594

My lad is in for round 3…. Apparently there’s an option of me riding on the Sat for £40 and then being pit-crew for the Sunday, but i’m waiting for confirmation on that one.

Course looks fun and if need be, i may even enter it if no other option.

nixie

I was similar @nedrapier, was overcooking it into the corners, then touching the brakes making everything unstable on the roots resulting in ending up too deep in the corner. Then had to hammer the pedals to regain speed. The odd corner I managed to stay off the brakes during the cornet I was running scared of the roots and drifting way too wide anyway! Basic handling that is missing at the moment. Just occasionally I’d do the right thing and the corner would feel great but it was rare.

jamesoz

Slow in, slow out seemed the order of the day.

jamesoz

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/?series_id=594

My lad is in for round 3…. Apparently there’s an option of me riding on the Sat for £40 and then being pit-crew for the Sunday, but i’m waiting for confirmation on that one.

Course looks fun and if need be, i may even enter it if no other option.

Sounds fun.

nixie

I’ll definitely be doing some more racing. I wasn’t fast but still enjoyed it. Probably give some XC a go as well.

In a bit of a suprise a pic of me also made the PB article 😆, though their description of my technique is rather generous.

weeksy

OK, we’re back to game time !!!

http://minienduro.tv/2021/06/machynlleth-18-07-2021/

Enduro racing !!!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Is there a sign up link for that (or at least one to be told its a waiting list /sold out) or am I being blind?

Edit its just not obvious in landscape.

weeksy

you’re being blind

Enter this link https://minienduro-mach.eventbrite.co.uk

It only opened up on the 15th so shouldn’t be full yet… well, my entry was accepted for both me and the boy !

weeksy

If anyone is attending, he’ll be sporting his new jersey, so give him a high 5 and a hello…

I’ll be the fat middle aged IT nerd with him on the pink Bird

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kXgzds]51163130957_c690b06f38_k[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

DezB
    Free Member

Considered any of the Pedalhounds races, weeksy? Short descents, so may not be your cuppa tea, but pretty local and cheaper than most. Me and my lad did one together a few years back. Good day out.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Thanks for posting that up weeksy, assuming nothing goes wrong twixt now and then I’ll grab you a beer if I spot you there.

weeksy

Considered any of the Pedalhounds races, weeksy? Short descents, so may not be your cuppa tea, but pretty local and cheaper than most. Me and my lad did one together a few years back. Good day out.

Team/Dual sounds like a good laugh… i’d worry about holding him back.

Up to now we’ve just got this new one and then one a few weeks later at Caersws in the Gravity Events series.

weeksy

Thanks for posting that up weeksy, assuming nothing goes wrong twixt now and then I’ll grab you a beer if I spot you there.

we’ve booked a place nearby, i think we’ll spend the day before at the beach eating ice cream in Aberystwyth.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Aye, booked a B and B for Saturday night so I’ll maybe get a practice lap in to try reducing my minceyness on Sunday.

Will depend on Mrs brain and what she would like to do with the day really.

weeksy

After enjoying the Haibike enduro, me and the lad are both entered for Southern Enduro rounds 4 and 5… Milland and Minehead…

Anyone else coming out to play ?

v7fmp

i’ll be at Milland 😀

codybrennan
    Free Member

As an aside, or semi-related; if you’re in a club and they need volunteers to manage a race, do it if you can spare an hour.

New organiser here and not having people step forward very readily for even a short spell is kinda discouraging, and definitely putting me off ever taking on this hassle again. Volunteer requests are where races go to die.

nedrapier

got an entry to Milland. Probably won’t be riding unless I can heal a grade 2 AC separation in a month.

weeksy

Anyone else playing then? Looking forward to it now I’ve got the bike I want

weeksy

Brrrr 417 today for final DH race of the year. Cold cold foggy dark. Lol

Been out for 1 run in practice, went ok I think but wasn’t exactly flying

Let’s see what run 2 brings

2021-12-19_08-39-33

monkeyboyjc

Good luck 🤞👍

Tracey

Fingers crossed, hard part today will be keeping him warm between runs. At least you aren’t stuck on a hill side in the middle of nowhere. 😎

weeksy

Fp1 was a 2.14
    Fp2 was a 2.10
    Fp3 was a 2.08

Got to be happy. Trying to pump the kickers and let off brakes earlier.

Kept my lad honest for the first 45s of that run until he gapped me

weeksy

Fingers crossed, hard part today will be keeping him warm between runs

He can look after himself today lol.

Tracey

Sub 2 min in the pipeline then.

monkeyboyjc

Looking like a foggy hillside today too…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘RACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCING… Time to get our act together.’ is closed to new replies.