Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Quote for apple trees prune
  • miketbrown
    Free Member

Anyone know what’s a reasonable quote for pruning 3 apple trees about 18 feet tall?

dashed
    Free Member

We just bought one of those long reach fiskars pruners – you’ll get up to 18 feet no probs. Anything thicker I just take out with a bow saw as you can generally climb apple trees very easily.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Where are you based?

I would guess you could be looking at an hours work per tree then getting rid of prunings. Could be looking at £200+

ossify

Prunes are plums, not apples, silly.

sharkbait
    Free Member

£200+ ………. £80/hr?

Wow.

matt_outandabout

Wow.

+ Travel to site, vehicle, saws, insurance, training, phone etc.

myti
    Free Member

How did you get £80 per hour? Even if it did only take 3 hours that’s £65 and hour before paying to get rid of and the time to drive to the green waste site. Height of the tree really isn’t an indicator of how long it would take. A fairly young tree might have only take an hour if it was previously well looked after but a really old tree that hadn’t been touched in years could take ages. Pruning apple trees can be very fiddly and you do need to know what your doing if you want decent fruit and a good shape for the future.

myti
    Free Member

Any pictures of the trees?

rossburton
    Free Member

I’m in Cornwall and have a tree that needs pruning. Anyone want to do it?

windyg
    Free Member

myti is bang on, fruit trees really vary depending on how they have been looked after but as a rough guide I would charge between £150-200 for a job like that.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’d remove any branches that cross each other, shorten any that look like they could break with fruit weight, top out the vertical “water shoots”, open up the middle to let the light in and then see how they look. I’m halfway through doing mine this year. Takes anywhere from one hour to half a day per tree as a rough guide.

easygirl

Just had 10 conifers about 12 feet tall cut down and taken away
    Laurel hedges pruned
    12 largeshrubs cut down and removed
    All the roots stump ground out
    £400
    Live in the north west

sharkbait
    Free Member

I was assuming VAT on top at that hourly rate myti.

I use a great guy who used to work for the Duke of Westminster but has now started his own business.
    I pay about £150/day and that includes fuel and him using his own tractor for the hedge cutting.
    He doesn’t need to take anything away though.

bruneep

sharkbait

£200+ ………. £80/hr?

Wow.

take you never engaged the services of a solicitor currently being charged £320 +vat phr for an inept incompetent service.

not a penny of his bill has been paid yet.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Pruning apple trees is a bit different to butchering a hedge or cutting down some conifers.

miketbrown
    Free Member

So I was quoted £280 for 3 trees, conifer hedge trim (about 90ft long & 8ft high) and about 4-6 shrubs. All waste removed. Initially he wanted £380 but I couldn’t accept that. 2 guys here doing it now. I live in the middle of nowhere so its a pain getting jobs done. A tad more expensive than I’d like but if he does a good job then I’ll be pleased. Last time a guy in the village just sliced the tress in half for 60 quid, which was crap.

mariner
    Free Member

Just watching the Wassailing on tv and I noticed they prune cider apple trees with twelve bore shotguns.

sharkbait
    Free Member

He’s also pruned five of our apple trees stevenmenmuir…. A day’s work, same price.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Quote for apple trees prune’ is closed to new replies.