Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Quitting the EDL
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Where is Patriotpro when you need him?

Lifer
    Free Member

The ‘N’ is for National not Nationalist. HTH.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lifer – Member
    The ‘N’ is for National not Nationalist. HTH.

However, a quick Google shows….

Scottish National Party: Together we can make Scotland better.
    http://www.snp.org/?
    A left leaning nationalist party advocating secession from the United Kingdom. On-line manifesto, news section and details of the party and its personalities.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why do you think he’s racist?

IIRC there was a thread where he said that he [ I assume a male may be wrong- not a dig btw] would shop based on the skin colour [ it may have simply been ethnic origin to be fair] of the owners.

Whether this was outright trolling or his innermost thoughts I know not as they refuse every opportunity to clarify or explain their views.

The hard line communists were referred to as Conservatives and tebbit objected to this
    You can be a nationalist without being a racist but i doubt you can be a racist without being a nationalist, hence the confusion.

Northwind

na·tion·al·ism (nsh-n-lzm, nshn-)
    n.
    1. Devotion to the interests or culture of one’s nation.
    2. The belief that nations will benefit from acting independently rather than collectively, emphasizing national rather than international goals.
    3. Aspirations for national independence in a country under foreign domination.

cybicle
    Free Member

things like not wanting sharia law in britain?

😆

cybicle
    Free Member

i doubt you can be a racist without being a nationalist

What if you simply believe in racial ‘purity’, and have no interest in nationalism?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not aware of anyone having espoused such a view without nationalism though you have a point that it is technically possible.

yossarian
    Free Member

IIRC there was a thread where he said that he [ I assume a male may be wrong- not a dig btw] would shop based on the skin colour [ it may have simply been ethnic origin to be fair] of the owners.
    Whether this was outright trolling or his innermost thoughts I know not as they refuse every opportunity to clarify or explain their views.

Ah ok. Well it’s a shame that he/she hasn’t come back to answer my question too.

Perhaps they are busy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member

Back to the subject, in question there was a lot of positives to be had from that programme, one of which being that at least one muslim community leader acknowledges that the organised paedophile gangs is a problem in the muslim community.

The ‘subject in question’ was where does Tommy Robinson get his income from ?

Obviously you want to change the subject and talk about Muslamic rape gangs. Although I find it a liitle bizarre that you want to point out that the Muslim community has a problem with paedophile gangs, doesn’t the Christian community have a problem with paedophile gangs then, are they OK about it ?

Several paedophiles made the national news this week, none as far as I know Muslim, is the Christian community relaxed and not bothered by it all ?

What about the atheist community – any paedophiles there ? And have they been condemned by leading atheists ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i doubt you can be a racist without being a nationalist

Uniform of the British Free Corps fighting for the Third Reich, against their own nation.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Perhaps they are busy.

The search for a new hero is neverending yossers!

winston_dog
    Free Member

Uniform of the British Free Corps fighting for the Third Reich, against their own nation.

A propaganda exercise that had absolutely no military significance.

As I understand it, it never actually did any fighting.
    From Wiki reference the British Free Corps – “At no time did it reach more than 27 men in strength – smaller than a contemporary German platoon”

Compare this to the French, Norwegian, and Dutch, who had thousands of troops fighting on the Eastern Front.

The British as a nation generally don’t do extremism very well.

ton

so, if I were to be a member of the purely fictional ‘ English patriotic party’, well that would be ok then?

Pigface
    Free Member

Ernie I don’t think they ever fought did they? A few were hung at end of war. There was only ever a handful

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A propaganda exercise that had absolutely no military significance.

😕 Did anyone suggest that it had any military significance ?

It was an example of racism without any commitment to the country of birth. The Waffen SS had thousands of nationals from occupied territories, obviously very few from unoccupied territories.

It is perfectly possible to be a racist and not a nationalist, and also perfectly possible to be a nationalist without being a racist. They are two separate things.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

so, if I were to be a member of the purely fictional ‘ English patriotic party’, well that would be ok then?

Full of questions on this thread aren’t we?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ton only takes a position if it has the full support of everyone else.

He hates to be controversial.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He hates to be controversial.

We need that bombadillo fellow to contribute. At least he stood for what he believed. I wonder what ever happened to him.

ton

questions are knowledge, and knowing stuff is good dd, you know that
    and being controversial for the sake of doing so, well that is just down right stupid ernie, innit?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Absolutely ton, I couldn’t agree more.

konabunny
    Free Member

so a person cant be proud of their country without being racist?

That would be patriotism, not nationalism or racial supremacism.

piemonster

Compare this to the French, Norwegian, and Dutch, who had thousands of troops fighting on the Eastern Front.

My history isn’t the greatest. But ‘during the war’ I reckon there was one key difference between the UK and the countries you mention. It might be of significance, you never know. Probably not however, as it’s only a minor thing.

winston_dog
    Free Member

It is obvious that if your Country is occupied then it would make it easier top recruit for the SS.

However, there were thousands of PoW’s who were held in pretty poor conditions who would of been targets for recruitment. Also, things still looked pretty desperate even after the USA came into the war. The USSR looked as it was going to collapse in 1942 and if it had then even the might of the USA would of made no difference. I would think that the temptation to jump to the other side would of been significant. So why could they not recruit any? There were however quite a significant number of Brits who joined the International Brigades in the Spanish Civil War.

The UK has never had a very left or right wing government. Unlike the French, Italians, Germans, and Spanish. We don’t do extremism very well, even when we chopped the Kings head off we brought his son back less than 10 years later.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I find it quite telling that (as far as I can recall), nobody ever comes on here and admits to being an all out supporter of the EDL/BNP, etc. The most people seem prepared to admit to is agreeing with some of their policies or some other wishy washy bollocks. I would personally have more respect for someone who had the courage of their convictions. I hate the far right, and all they stand for.

yossarian
    Free Member

I find it quite telling that (as far as I can recall), nobody ever comes on here and admits to being an all out supporter of the EDL/BNP, etc. The most people seem prepared to admit to is agreeing with some of their policies or some other wishy washy bollocks. I would personally have more respect for someone who had the courage of their convictions. I hate the far right, and all they stand for.

It does seem rather cowardly to believe one thing, hint at it in public but not to stand up for yourself when challenged. But I suppose if you follow that kind if doctrine you are already scared.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

As a nurse in the NHS, I’d be somewhat knackered if I was a racist, seeing that the team I work with is very multicultural. You occasionally get racist comments from the patients, and I recall a student once describing an SHO as a ‘****’, which, unsurprisingly, didn’t go down all that well.

ton

who in their right mind would come out as a full on racist nowadays, seriously?

i think most people dislike the muslim faith and some of their archaic beliefs, rather than dislike black/asian/whatever race people.

most folk nowadays are friends with or are aqainted with someone from a differant race, be it through work or whatever.

so i think it is more a dislike for a religion rather that the race of person.

cos admit it…..everyone dislikes catholasism……… 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Once worked briefly with some (naturalised British) Indians and (naturalised British) Pakistanis in different parts of the same unit

Don’t know if you’d call it racism, nationalism or religionism – but bloody hell 😯

cos admit it…..everyone dislikes catholasism

Annual burn a catholic day is a coming 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

I think most people can see past the extremist/orthodox minorities of religions and see that most followers are in the moderate majority.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Don’t know if you’d call it racism, nationalism or religionism – but bloody hell

😆 My experience too. If you think Tommy doesn’t like Muslims… try a non-Muslim from the sub-continent on the subject. It’s jaw-dropping.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Easy tiger! Anyway, as a left footer, I can sit back and be smug in the knowledge that you’re all going to HELL! (Especially you ton) 😀

ton

😆

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Ninfan – I read that as ‘bum a Catholic day’. I clenched, to be honest.

yossarian
    Free Member

Choirboy were we? 😯

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Altar boy, and what happens in church stays in church 😯

binners

Ah… the Choirboys lament?

thejesmonddingo

More like the choirboy’s limp,eh MItch?

winston_dog
    Free Member

agreeing with some of their policies or some other wishy washy bollocks.

I agree with the EDL that Halal meat slaughtering practices should be outlawed or adapted to reduce the suffering of the animal.

The old style NF used to support the reintroduction of strict Sunday trading laws, I also think this would be a good idea. My Mrs works as a retail manager and I know how tough the Sundays are for her and her staff. The same goes for Bank Holidays to.

Does this mean I am a closet racist?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I work Sundays, as well as nights, bank holidays and all the rest. Now all I need is somebody to scapegoat for this, and I’ll be goose stepping like an old pro!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Quitting the EDL’ is closed to new replies.