Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quite possibly the worst muscle soreness a man could ever experience
  • bowie278
    Free Member

Evening folks

First run on Thursday night for a while due to not feeling 100% over the last few weeks, easy but fast paced blast, couple of stretches to finish, shower then bed.

Woke up yesterday morning a little sore… woke up this morning… Couldn’t. Bloody. Move.
    Chronic case of DOMS. Hobbling around work today like a right tool, and when I mean sore, I mean literally having to temporarily change the way I walk to accommodate my battered legs! Any advice when it’s this bad?!

Any one else out there with sore muscle stories?!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

What colour is your urine?; not unknown to get Rhabdomyolysis from sudden, intense exercise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis

stumpy01

Last time I went to see The Wildhearts at Kentish Town Forum…

Left late, ran from parents house to Wembley Park station, got halfway there & realised I had dropped the ticket. Ran back, found it & ran back.
    Sat on train, ate fat burger before going in. Jumped around lots.

Couldn’t walk properly for about 4 days. Getting old, as years ago we would have been going mental at the front, crowd surfing, the lot & suffered no ill effects…

bowie278
    Free Member

Hi Ben
    Not that colour, thank God! Was thinking maybe repetitive stretching and some Nurofen? 😀

glupton1976
    Free Member

Chronic case of DOMS? Had it for more than 3 weeks have you?

From what you’re describing it sounds like you just have a mild case of DOMS. Try some ibuprofen.

globalti
    Free Member

Massage your muscles in a hot bath.

Mantastic
    Free Member

MTFU

ahwiles
    Free Member

if you’ve properly got proper DOMS – there’s nothing you can do about it.

it’ll go in 2 or 3 days.

massage will only hurt – it won’t help.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Massage does help. Either foam roll or just go to a physio and pays yours monies. Well worth it.

Exercise makes you weaker. Exercise followed by good nutrition and rest makes you far stronger.

ahwiles
    Free Member

hmm, interesting piece in the BMJ

proper science and that

awesome graph:

basically, if you know that you’re going to get DOMS, and you get a massage within 2 hours of the exercise that caused the damage, you can reduce the duration of your DOMS episode.

if you wait longer than 2 hours, you’ve sort of missed the boat.

annebr
    Free Member

tsk, I expected to hear stories of slamming your cock in a door. 🙄

😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quite possibly the worst muscle soreness a man could ever experience’ is closed to new replies.