Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Quill adaptor stem converter
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi all,

Am pimping up the wife’s old hybrid as a Christmas present. (I might throw in some inappropriate lingerie for the awkward Christmas day present opening in front of family too). The bike is a 2006/7 Specialized Crossroads. It has a quill stem and alloy fork.

I am putting on new bars and need to get a quill to regular stem adaptor. The bike is in pieces as the headset needs replacing too. My question is what size adaptor should I get? The rubber seal around the current headset says 1 1 1/8, indicating that is the size of the headset and steerer. However, I note the old quill stem/steerer part is actually narrower (if you slip over a 1 1/8 stem over the quill steered (once removed from the bike). It may be that the 1 1/8 size top part of the quill stem simply has a narrower inner part to fir the lower forks connecting bit.

I think I am going mad, so was wondering if anyone can suggest which part I need? The two sizes I can see are lister here Brand X quil stem adaptor for 21st C folk

ThePinkster

Judging by the description

– 150mm 25.4 – 28.6 (1″ – 1.1/8″) – Designed for a 1 1/8″ threaded steerer

I’d guess you’d want the 1 1/8 steerer version.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Quill adaptor stem converter’ is closed to new replies.