Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quick review – Altura Crosslite Jacket and Attack Shorts
  • woody2000

I was lucky enough to get some new clobber for my birthday so I tried them out in the cold and rain last night.

Jacket – as far as I could tell it was 100% waterproof, I was totally dry on the inside. It was pretty cool last night (prob ~2 deg), I had bibs + ls jersey and a sleeveless base layer under the jacket and I was just about spot on, no boil in the bag effect at all. Medium fit nicely on me at 5’7″+a bit and 76kg, with room to layer up underneath. Jacket seems nicely made, taped seams everywhere and the fabric looks reasonably tough. Time will tell how the waterproofing holds up. Recommended.

Shorts – as with the jacket, they seemed totally waterproof. My arse and the tops of my legs were totally dry after 2 1/2 hours riding. Bit odd to begin with as they’re sort of plasticky and slippy, so there’s quite a lot of movement of the material over bibs, but soon got used to that. Once I’d sorted the waist belt out they didn’t slip down either (unlike the my Endura shorts which slip for fun). They size up quite large, a small fits me with room to spare on a 32″ waist & they sit just above the knee (30″ish leg). Seem well made, we’ll see how they last. Again, recommended.

Hope this helps anyone looking for some winter riding gear 🙂

Northwind

I love my Attack shorts… Heard some bad reviews about durability but mine are a year old now and still almost as good as new, some minor damage from crashes but still waterproof. Plus when I’m climbing they make a noise like a paddlesteamer, which is worth the price of admission.

sadexpunk

i want one of them jackets:-)

so im assuming youd recommend a ‘large’ for 5’10 then?

thanks

woody2000

:DYeah, large I reckon mate. Cyclestore have them super cheap at the mo if you haven’t seen. 😀

sadexpunk

no i havent. ill scurry over there now for a peek thanks 🙂

sadexpunk

grrrr everything except blue large :-/

hmmmm…… now do i go for red? 🙂

woody2000

I got red. They all look the same covered in crap 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quick review – Altura Crosslite Jacket and Attack Shorts’ is closed to new replies.