Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Quick Reba Q?
  • smell_it
    Free Member

Can you only get the new reba in 120mm travel with the 20mm Maxle? Can’t seem to find any with qr’s

Stoner
    Free Member

You can reduce the 120mm with the all travel spacers.

smell_it
    Free Member

Sorry wasn’t being clear, I’m happy with the 120mm of travel, but want the fork with qr not the maxle and there don’t seem to be any of them. The rs website seems to suggest the maxle is an option rather than the only version, unless I’m reading it wrong.

smell_it
    Free Member

Cheers xcstu – 100mm travel, not 120mm.

xcstu
    Free Member

Ya have noticed that…think they are a 120mm forks but they label the travel up as 100mm on the advert?? worth checking mind…

just had a quick look on a few other advert online and they all seem to label travel as 100mm… unless mistaken?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They’ll come with a spacer to knock the travel down, if you must!

smell_it
    Free Member

Yep most on line seem to say 100mm, hence my initial q. I’ll drop merlin a mail and ask them.

xcstu
    Free Member

smell_it:

you got a point… all forks advertised with 120mm travel are the maxle version…. online at least!

did always think the reba fork was a standard 120mm fork and like others say you can adjust the travel down…

glenh
    Free Member

All rebas are 80/100/120mm. You just need to move the spacers around.

smell_it
    Free Member

Thanks Glenh

PP ‘if you must!’ – I have no wish to as I said, I’m sorry it takes so little to make you exhasberated? you have my sympathy.

banjowhacker
    Free Member

As glenh says. They all come with 120mm of available travel and you just add (or take off) the plastic C-clips to change from 80/100/120. I’ve got last year’s model with QR and it was sold as 100mm but i popped the C-clips off to get it to 120mm. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

BTW: the 29er QR version is not supposed to be run at 120mm – something to do with short stanchions not getting full bushing support. It’ spossible this might apply to eh 26er too.

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Stoner: Ooh… I doubt that’s a problem with the 26″ chaps. The Rockshox manual takes you through the process of removing the clips and it says nothing about needing to worry about it.

Stoner
    Free Member

you’re probably right.

I got my info from here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=480402

I was looking up a spare part from their Spare Parts Catalog, and on the REBA page (pg 38) note #9 on the bottom says “Reba 29er with standard quick release (not Maxle Lite): maximum travel setting = 100mm. Reba 29er Maxle Lite: maximum travel setting = 120mm.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Quick Reba Q?’ is closed to new replies.