Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick question about Formula brakes
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

I’m missing the snap rings from a set of Formula I bought.

Is this what I need? And is there anywhere else that I can get them from because £1.59 each is a bloody rip off.

Or will a bit of thread lock will do instead?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve never bothered with them and have never had a pad retaining bolt come loose. Just nip the bolt up and you won’t have any problems. I actually use grease on it. If I was going to the Alps I’d maybe stick some Loctite on it, though, just in case.

somafunk

If it bothers you that the circlip is missing then use a bit of tying wire round the circlip recess, it’ll do the same job.

khani
    Free Member

Mine pinged off into the ether of the garage the first time I changed the pads, that was over two years ago and I never bothered replacing them I just nipped em up as said above.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I was just checking as I was reading the instructions and it mentioned one.

I’ll whack some threadlock as we are going to mince around the Alps at PPS.

andytherocketeer

10 pack for €3 (still pricey as heck)

http://www.bike-components.de/products/info/p20619_Oro-Sicherungsringe-fuer-Bremsbelagschraube-.html

unless it’s these for €4 you need

http://www.bike-components.de/products/info/p32477_RX-The-One-RO-Sicherungsringe-fuer-Bremsbelagschraube-.html

Might we worth it if you need to spend €1 or something to get free shipping on an order. Buying just a pack of them alone is not exactly economical.

I’m sure a decent hardware store could get the same thing for 1/10th of the price, but it’d cost more than that in phone calls and petrol to get them.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Don’t have a circlip on either my front or back. Just nipped the bolt up. No dramas.

Gotama
    Free Member

Hi mate, I think I sold you those brakes a while ago, a set of Megas? If so, then sorry for not mentioning the snap rings weren’t there as it didn’t cross my mind at the time. Reason being I’ve never bothered with them on those or my Ones and never had the bolt come loose ……and that’s with a couple of alps trips with my ones clattering around on a hardtail. If you desperately want them then I’m happy to chuck you a couple of quid as I should have mentioned they weren’t there when you bought them.

eyerideit
    Free Member

No, it wasn’t you Gotama, I’m not that bothered about it I read a few old threads and no one seems to buy new ones after they’e lost theirs.

I was gauging the opinion of other Formula users.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick question about Formula brakes’ is closed to new replies.