Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick Q for the post office workers?
  • FFJA
    Free Member

Hello,
    Question for the posties if I may?
    My house is about 5 miles up a single track road to nowhere.
    No post for the last week as the snow is bad and road is awful! So no issues with them not making it!
    If I called at the delivery office would they give me my post to save then delivery people a trip?

dyna-ti

Not a postie but i believe you can have your mail delivered to your house, or anywhere else you specify. So if you want the post office to hold it for you for collection, you’ll probably need to contact them to arrange that.
    Otherwise it comes from the sorting office, and if you arent there or it can’t be delivered it goes back to the sorting office.

paton
    Free Member

You will need photo ID if you go to collect your mail.

paton
    Free Member
    montgomery
    Free Member

Your letters will be sitting in a slot in a frame. If the person at the customer service window is nice, they can walk through and get them in a couple of minutes.

However, some sorting and delivery offices are in crisis, with mail piling up in unsorted mounds. If that, rather than bad weather, is the reason for your lack of deliveries, you’re out of luck.

The comments on this site give some flavour of the problems people are experiencing.

dovebiker

We’ve had no post for a week but there’s only been one day where you could reasonably say that the weather prevented deliveries – but all the supermarket delivery drivers have been coping fine. We’re starting to get the “sorry we couldn’t deliver your package” messages at about 10am – it’s like they haven’t even tried. More snow flurries forecast for the rest of this week.

shooterman

Staff shortages?

We live on a steep lane but we treat the road ourselves. About 30 houses in fairly close proximity (two small developments and a few stand alone houses). We haven’t seen a postman on the lane since Wednesday.

Raouligan
    Free Member

Have had one delivery in a week the tracking on the parcels I have due seems to completely not work, I’m a four minute walk fro. a sorting office in East London.

I rather suspect the Royal Mail may have bigger problems than the weather right now…

flannol
    Free Member

but all the supermarket delivery drivers have been coping fine

I’m temp driving for tescos a couple of days a week and while everything is (genuinely) in overdrive at the (genuinely) point of cracking, we deal with multiples less packages per run so I really wouldn’t compare them. Remember supermarket delivery slots are completely limited to whatever the bellends in the office think is manageable, whereas royal mail has to scale to whatever is thrown at it, at all times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick Q for the post office workers?’ is closed to new replies.