Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 593 total)
  • Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Ah – so you’re suggesting that he will negotiate a Brexit deal which makes sure he remains rich. Presumably this is a bad thing?

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m voting Labour for the first time in my life tomorrow. I have a pretty well-paid job. I could probably afford to pay a bit more tax to make things better for all if I am honest.

And if it goes to the ‘feckless’ I’d rather see it go to numerous ‘feckless’ poor people than one fat bastard who already has millions.

Companies are straining at the leash to indulge in a race to the bottom as workers rights are torn up in the name of ‘economic efficiency’. That is elite-speak for the rich taking more out of the system and everyone else (including the middle class) being screwed over.

In days gone by (I will get flamed for this, but hey) the Tories at least pretended to stand for self-reliance, hard work and integrity. They don’t now. They are so totally in bed with the corporates that they will do anything to keep them sweet. A Tory majority is going to have loads of fat bastards rubbing their hands together at the prospect of sorting the ‘proles’ out once and for all. Prole is defined as anyone who is not already in the vastly wealthy club.

My message would be to vote for whoever does the Tories the most damage in your constituency.

Shackleton

My message would be to vote for whoever does the Tories the most damage in your constituency.

This x 1000000000000000000

Nothing good (for us proles or the wider country) will come from any flavour of Tory government.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    core

I don’t really understand where all the negativity about the economy is coming from, in my sleepy rural county the houses (of all sizes and ownership models) cannot be built fast enough, and most are selling/snapped up by housing associations before ever being built, I’m just finishing up one of the biggest domestic housing schemes we’ve ever had and just priced a bigger one, with much more to come. Locals employed on sites, and being taken up into management roles by main contractors too.

Boo, hiss, nasty government.

They’re all ****, in it for their own gain, some are more truthful than others, some can do maths, some can’t, some parties have Dianne Abbott as a very senior figure. I don’t like May either, but at least she’s not a total retard. Don’t think I’ll vote for her gang anyway.

chewkw
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Guess who I have voted for in the Labour stronghold.

Monster Raving Loony.[/quote]Majority in my area have already voted for one. 😆

aracer – Member

chewkw » He is competence at making sure he remains rich …

Ah – so you’re suggesting that he will negotiate a Brexit deal which makes sure he remains rich. Presumably this is a bad thing? [/quote] He is a lawyer. 😈

His nature is to profit from your anguish the more the better and the richer he gets. 😆

See … middle class leftie being champion of the poor … except the poor get poorer … didn’t see that coming did they. 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Thus pursuading companies that were considering in/out of the UK because of Brexit that it is a no brainer.[/quote]

I’d be prepared to put money on less companies leaving Britain for foreign climes with a Labour government than with a Tory government – because any corporation tax changes will be more than outweighed by a far softer Brexit.

aracer
    Free Member

As somebody who has previously voted Tory (there I’ve said it), I agree wholeheartedly with that.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

For public sector workers to get properly paid. For the abolition of Uni fees so my daughters don’t start their working life massively in debt. For free school meals and free childcare. And for the termination of a government who let multinational companies off with only paying a fraction of the tax they should. It’s time for all the corrupt bullshit to end.

And is this vision of utopia possible, or just labours way of clawing their way back in? I think the tories are damaging society, but quite frankly if Corbyn can deliver all that and sustain it I will eat my hat !

Something needs to change, but how, I’m just not certain.

+1 Everyone needs to pay more into the system rather than expecting other’s to pick up the tab. We all have a responsibility if we want first class public services.

Unfortunately a lot of people on here don’t think everyone should pay, only the rich 🙄

Cougar

And is this vision of utopia possible, or just labours way of clawing their way back in?

Possibly, possibly not, who knows. Is it not worth at least trying, over the Tories who are by your own admittance “damaging society” (yet who will seemingly get your vote anyway as we’ve already established that you believe you’re personally better off under them, so **** ‘society’)?

jet26
    Free Member

Not yet convinced the solution to the NHS is more money – it is partly needed but there are huge amounts of spending on stuff that just doesn’t work and the efficiency needs sorting first – not just pour in more money.

grum
    Free Member

Great post dannyh

frankconway

Labour manifesto is costed but……..is it affordable and are the assumptions on which it is based realistic? I do not believe they are.

Uncosted Tory manifesto is problem for me; message appears to be….trust us. Why should I? Same as I would not trust Labour without good reason.

Neither party – at the national level – have given me a reason to vote for them. I will vote based on local concerns and proven performance/capabilities of candidates.

Having rubbed and stroke my orb – a la trump in saudi…………..

Tories to win with increased majority but no landslide; May out within 3 months; Brexit shambles – waaaay worse than you thought…..27 v 1 was always going to end predictably – better for the 27 than the 1; Labour to strengthen where they are already well-established but no significant gains elsewhere; LibDems searching for a purpose; UKIP to poll well but still fail to achieve Parliamentary representation; Greens & Plaid- virtuous and that’s it; SNP to lose some seats – reality check for them.
    Next tory leader and de facto PM? No clear front runners but Rudd is well positioned – despite lack of real parliamentary experience and her dodgy business background (both personal & family) which will be thoroughly aired; Johnson – the erudite clown and no-hoper; Raab – a poisonous toad; Gove, Fox, Fallon, Hammond – already buried.
    That’s it for the tories.
    Likely successor to Corbyn when he gracefully retires after results are confirmed?
    I like McDonnell but it won’t happen; Thornberry (or Lady Nugee to be correct) is marmite – in a bad way; Abbott was very impressive but over the past 4/5 years has lost the plot; Watson as deputy leader – anonymous, invisible, unheard; Kier Starmer – articulate, intelligent, experienced in general terms.
    So, which cup of sick do I sip from – the red sick or the blue sick? A little like The Matrix but that was fantasy – this is reality.

teethgrinder

core – Member

…some parties have Dianne Abbott as a very senior figure. I don’t like May either, but at least she’s not a total retard. Don’t think I’ll vote for her gang anyway.

POSTED 20 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You stay classy.

Cougar

Unfortunately a lot of people on here don’t think everyone should pay, only the rich

You’d make a good politician.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think there’s anyone here who thinks that “only the rich” should pay. Rather that people should pay more according to their means.

I’d be happy to contribute a little extra towards bolstering services like the NHS, but I think that the homeless bloke sat outside ASDA with a guitar with five strings and his hat on the ground should be exempt, and the guy who earns a quarter of a million quid a week for kicking a ball about could probably afford to pick up his share.

dazh

Won’t surprise anyone to know I’m voting labour, along with just about everyone else I know. Have voted green in the past as it was a safe labour seat. Now in a tory-lab marginal so at last my vote actually bloody counts for something. For the first time in my life I’m actually voting labour with some sort of pride and hope, rather than just out of a sense of duty. I only hope that even if they lose (they will), the PLP see this as the start of something rather than a failed experiment. To go back to the usual tory-lite media friendly managerialism after this would not only be truly depressing, but will completely destroy them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

true and there are other ways

How many multi million pound profit businesses have staff who get their wages topped up with family credit?

We could claw that back as well as we are just subsidising their profits in our attempt to ensure everyone who works has a living wage.

We all have to pay but according to our means

bigblackshed

I will take May and her lot, not always, but I’m not happy with Labour in its current state for government or opposition.

Yes i want a better education system, and more pay for nurses, and more police, and better care for the elderly and more pension money and mental health issues. who doesn’t

oldtalent – Member
    Live down south with a well paid job. Labour see me as a cash cow for the feckless & bone idle. Now we are out of Europe I can move my loyalties from ukip to conservative.

Junkyard
    Free Member

this would not only be truly depressing, but will completely destroy them.

what he seems to have done is get young people interested in politics and that is not a bad long term political strategy given tory voters are more likely to be older and therefore less likely to be voting in 5 years time

I think the tories will win [ no idea on number] but they are about to govern as the shit hits the fan like never before and I cannot see them making any sort of electoral success of the ensuing mess of Brexit

IMHO its the best election to lose if you look at the long term

This will batter the TOry myth about them being great with the economy.

Cougar

Not yet convinced the solution to the NHS is more money – it is partly needed but there are huge amounts of spending on stuff that just doesn’t work and the efficiency needs sorting first – not just pour in more money.

Both are very real problems. The NHS (like a lot of the public sector IME) is very poor at spending money efficiently. But also, they are massively underfunded. It would be wrong-headed to ignore either of these issues in favour of the other.

As far as I can tell, the Tory spin was that they were cutting funds to encourage the NHS to be more efficient, but without any investment into helping them improve efficiency. “Here’s less money, do more with it.”

aracer
    Free Member

I thought that in 2010 😕

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ Cougar – Exactly a stitch up one of many.

Northwind

eb2429 – Member

For me its Competency

Leaving aside the question of whether May etc really are competent for the moment- why would you vote for someone you disagree with but think is competent, instead of someone you agree with but aren’t sure is competent? It seems like some people would vote for Ghenghiz Khan because he’ll really competent at burning your houses and stealing your women, rather than Jeremy Corbyn because he might be a bit bumbly while trying to make the country better.

lucorave
    Free Member

I don’t see where people who think the Tory’s have been good with the economy are coming from. Consistently, stated growth targets have been over estimated and then revised. A mantra of “look at the mess we inherited” has been thrown at anyone who has questioned their economic strategy. The sub-prime financial crash we had to deal with doesn’t seem to figure, just the Labour leaving note.
    The Tory’s may have brought the deficit down a little but at the same time they have put £700 billion on the national debt whilst public services have been decimated.
    Talk of millions of new jobs but are they new jobs or just less people officially? claiming benefits due the way figures are compiled. As soon as you are put on a work programme you no longer count towards the unemployment statistics.
    Not one person we know is any better off now than they were 7 years ago, many are worse off. In fact we personally know some of the non existent nurses who have relied on Trussle Trust Food Bank support.

frankconway

Neither of the two major parties have been good with the economy – there are too many variables to predict anything with any degree of accuracy.

Investment/spending intentions from both parties should be take with a trucking huge pile of salt.

What comes first – personal/family wealth or social concerns?

Most will say social concerns but what they really mean is personal/family always comes first.

Cougar

Not one person we know is any better off now than they were 7 years ago,

Oh I don’t know, have you checked the wealth of people who own newspapers?

lucorave
    Free Member

@cougar
    Agreed, we don’t know them though 😆

cornholio98
    Free Member

The Tory’s may have brought the deficit down a little but at the same time they have put £700 billion on the national debt whilst public services have been decimated.

The national deft will always increase until the deficit is turned into a surplus (assuming interest is included in deficit calcs).

In my life I have never looked at all the candidates and thought that they were all a bad choice. Mind you nothing that seems to be going on at the moment seems to be a result of sound choices over the last few decades…

Also my ideal candidate of a fiscally conservative, champion of social care and equality but supporter of entrepreneurs may only exist in the weirdness of my mind (or Norway)…

wilburt
    Free Member

There is something in the election to lose theory, Brexit will have negative consequences so whoevers at the wheel will get the blame for the next twenty years.

If nothing else I think Corbyn has caused people to stop and think about he way we do things and that there are alternatives.

Unfortunatly there are also lots of people who dont get past the Sun headline or lifetime dogma so will just vote Tory. They are not posting on here and probably not on facebook theyre not really intrested in politics and just vote blue because it feels safer.

kerley
    Free Member

Not one person we know is any better off now than they were 7 years ago

You may not know them but there are 1,000s of people who are better off than 7 years ago. The rich have typically done very well in the aftermath of the financial crash.

eb2429
    Free Member

Leaving aside the question of whether May etc really are competent for the moment- why would you vote for someone you disagree with but think is competent, instead of someone you agree with but aren’t sure is competent? It seems like some people would vote for Ghenghiz Khan because he’ll really competent at burning your houses and stealing your women, rather than Jeremy Corbyn because he might be a bit bumbly while trying to make the country better.

I do like that and can’t argue with you theory, but it depends if you believe the policy’s are achievable by labour. If you stand on a platform and shout” we need better schools for all our children” no one will disagree. But are they competent enough to actually deliver it.

Like bill Clinton said “it’s the economy stupid” and over the next parliament with leaving the EU I feel we may just be a little safer and more in control with the blue lot in charge. Heck some of the union’s want to leave the EU to possible help to drive up wages. So we shall see.

But perhaps labour need to change, not to be more tory, or more war mongery, but just appear at least a little less Michael foot.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cougar – I have not stated any where that I will vote Tory..

My wife has voted labour (for the first time ever)

I am still undecided.

RichPenny
    Free Member

If you stand on a platform and shout” we need better schools for all our children” no one will disagree. But are they competent enough to actually deliver it.

To counter that, the Conservatives are standing on a platform of “we need better schools for the rich children, who cares about the poor ones!” I have no doubt that they will improve education for the top 10%, and make it worse for everyone else. This mirrors precisely the Ghengis Khan analogy.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Just voted. Guy in a Tory rosette stood outside asking for polling card numbers as you leave. What’s all that about?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I googled that RichPenny but can’t find who said that.

Klunk
    Free Member

Guy in a Tory rosette stood outside asking for polling card numbers as you leave. What’s all that about?

Tellers

bencooper
    Free Member

Not Tory, because I’m not a sociopath.

Not Labour, because Corbyn is great but he still wants a horribly destructive hard Brexit.

So it’s either SNP or Green.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@Klunk – ah thanks.

Might explain why he didnt ask my Wife for hers when she turned up in her NHS uniform, that and the Torys run and hide when they see her ha ha.

richmars

Tellers

I take a very small amount of pleasure in not giving them my details.

(I know, what a rebel.)

rone

The national debt will always increase until the deficit is turned into a surplus (assuming interest is included in deficit calcs).

And that hardly ever happens under the Tories.

Just done Labour and exercised my Border Terrier rights to vote for Nicola. 😉

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Always voted Conservative, but put my cross against the Green candidate this time , as I cannot stand how we have been lied and duped into Brexit.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 593 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll. Who you voting for tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.