Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick poll: saturday or sunday?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

If you were travelling within the uk to enter a mtb race/event which had onsite camping available, would you prefer the event to be on the Saturday or Sunday morning?

righog
    Free Member

For me and most of the guys I ride with. it would definatly be Saturday Morning.

for 2 reasons, It still leaves Sunday to spend with the Family and we would probably drink too much on Saturday night to get the most out of the event.

jekkyl

saturday everytime, just so drinking can be had after the efforts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Saturday but finishing it late on Saturday with free camping and a beer tent/entertainment to make sure the atmosphere stayed.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Sunday on a bank holiday. Or is that not an option?

ibnchris

Saturday…but not too early in the morning so that I could travel from home in the morning and then camp the Saturday night.

righog
    Free Member

bandito…Give us a clue, what are you planning..Go on…Go on…..Go on 😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Pimp, its not a bank holiday weekend.

Interesting that everyone is saying saturday. Glad I asked, I’d have assumed sunday as it means not having to travel straight after work on the friday night, relaxed journey time on saturday, and sunday afternoon/evening to head home. Although I do understand the post-event beer being important too….

bandito…Give us a clue, what are you planning..Go on…Go on…..Go on

North Pennines MTB Marathon. It’s been planned for a few years, but cancelled previously due to lack of entrants and bad weather. I agreed to take it on last year, but simply didn’t have time to get it organised. Its looking highly likely for July 19th this year. Couldn’t set a date until recently as I was waiting for confirmation of the ‘Ard Rock Enduro as I didn’t want a clash.

All being well, it’ll be finalised in the next couple of weeks and advertised asap.

Old school, big-hill riding. Hopefully 3 different levels of route: hard, very hard and hardest. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://thecrankypenguin.com.au/
    see if you can take on one of the tough ones 🙂 3 levels is a good idea to get more people and save yourself looking for people.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll: saturday or sunday?’ is closed to new replies.