Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Quick look at New Granite Quiver Tool Roll
  • Ben_Haworth

The evolution of the saddle bag, the Granite Quiver holds your essential tools, a spare tube, spare change and other stuff for longer rides.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Quick look at New Granite Quiver Tool Roll

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m generally a fan of granite stuff but this seems like a very generic tool roll/burrito thing as opposed to their something different approach to most things, it doesn’t seem to fit unless I’m missing something?
    Oh they added boa.

seriousrikk

I kinda wish they had not fallen into the trap of making it all fit around a tube. Most of us just strap those to a frame, but it’s the few extras that you can’t stash that would benefit from something like this.

And if you try a roll based around a tube they are always too baggy without.

The search for a small frame roll/stash continues. Maybe I just need to get a sewing machine.

DickBarton

Unsure ‘most’ of us strap a tube to the frame…does seem common but I’ve also noticed those who need to use the tube soon stop strapping to frame when they discover how manky the tube is when it needs to be used.

DickBarton

Does it work with a Reverb AXS?

seriousrikk

Unsure ‘most’ of us strap a tube to the frame…does seem common

Fair. I am be over generalising here.

I’ve also noticed those who need to use the tube soon stop strapping to frame when they discover how manky the tube is when it needs to be used.

Not sure I agree here. Maybe those who never take it off the frame until they need it – and also don’t have to deal with sealant. I know if I’m in a tyre off situation then there will already be sealant mank everywhere so I don’t care about a bit of muck in the tube! Then again, when I carry one, I clean and check mine every couple of months (or so).

roger_mellie

Lezyne do a version w/out the boa which I have on the road bike

road caddy

and a semi rigid (fnarr) pod version

pod

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I kinda wish they had not fallen into the trap of making it all fit around a tube. Most of us just strap those to a frame, but it’s the few extras that you can’t stash that would benefit from something like this.

I use the Silca

This lot fits in easily, with space for a bit more.

Kuco

I’ve got the same Silca I wouldn’t say it’s the best design going. I find I have to wrap a toe strap around mine and the saddle rails else the thing comes loose.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Weird. Mine seems OK.
    Wrap a bit of inner tube around the rails?

DickBarton

Then again, when I carry one, I clean and check mine every couple of months (or so).

That’ll be the difference, the people I’ve seen having this issue don’t tend to bother cleaning stuff with any frequency. Drivetrain gets a squirt of lube and not much else.

lovewookie

‘Splash proof fabric to keep water at bay

I’m reading this as, not waterproof, but OK if it gets a bit wet in the rain.

Seeing as most people don’t like using mudguards (preferring waterproof shorts and dropper post protectors) and it’s in the direct firing line from continual water/mud/wettest of wet stuff from the rear wheel, I’d think waterproof would have been an essential.

Having lived through the 90’s saddlebag full of rusty tools, are we still supposed to wrap everything in an asda bag to stop it getting soaked in something I’d just dropped £30+ on?

I suppose it’s a step up from using just a velcro strap.

martib

+1 for this comment, I’ve left tubes on the frame only to look at them a few months later to find the tube has been damaged/got a split in it due to grit or whatever get caught in it.

That said I do long rides, so quite happy to ride with a pack and know I have plenty of water, snacks, tools, spares & even a jacket.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.