Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quick Energy, anybody used it?
  • buck53

Was out on the road bike today running errands and turned it into a training ride. Had a cold this week and was planning to take it at a steady pace as I thought I wouldn’t be up to much.

Got some free samples of Quick Energy at the Manchester Bike Show last weekend and tried half a bottle before setting off and absolutely flew up the hills!

At first I put it down to being the first road ride in weeks without a bag but the effect was too pronounced to be just that.

Given the lack of calories and how long the effect lasts I’m rally impressed. Anybody else used it or have any experiences of this stuff?

seavers
    Free Member

It has Caffeine and Taurine listed. Like Red Bull. 2 things I avoid when doing exercise.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Having just read the ‘science’ it’s not quite up there with a power balance band, but it certainly appears to be on the same continuum.

buck53

Pretend you’re talking to somebody with no clue whatsoever. What’s the issue with it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

My alarm bells rang when I saw the web page on their site that list claims which sound like bollocks eg –

QUICK ENERGY™ PROVIDES A SPIKE IN “VIGOR”, WHICH MEANS A DELAYED AND REDUCED FEELING OF “FATIGUE”

There’s a meaningless graph, and no link to any published results or study report from the University of Coventry.

Googling the names mentioned comes up with this –

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22124354

Which is just confirming what’s already known, i.e taking caffine before exercise can improve performance.

In short, Nescafe could make the same science claims.
    So that’s not to say it can’t do anything useful, just no more than anything else with a bit of caffeine in it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quick Energy, anybody used it?’ is closed to new replies.