Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quick eBay question – non UK bidders
  • woody2000

I’ve had a look through the eBay FAQ, but can’t find the answer (new born baby, no sleep, brain fried – it’s probably staring me in the face but I can’t see it!)

I had an item for sale on eBay which stated UK postage only (I’ve since realised I can place controls on who can bid and from where). A non-UK bidder has won the auction, I’ve emailed him to say I won’t post it to him as he’s outside the UK and he’s ok with that. My question is – what happens next? Do I just relist it? Do I have to inform eBay that the buyer won’t be paying etc etc?

TIA

Jamie
    Free Member

Do you need to relist, or can you do a second chance offer?

Anyway, to get your final value fees back, then you need the original buyer to cancel the sale:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

woody2000

Thanks for that Jamie 🙂

No second chance offers as all 3 of the bidders were non-UK! 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

No second chance offers as all 3 of the bidders were non-UK!

It’s a pain, but at least now you can block them from bidding in the future.

woody2000

And it’s cancelled, that was easy 🙂

Cheers again Jamie

Mackem

Why wont people send to non-UK bidders? The buyer pays the postage and you just need to stick a country name on the bottom of the address.

I’m a non-UK bidder.

woody2000

Personally speaking, I’d rather resolve a dispute (if there was one) with someone in the UK than someone in another country. My opinion is that there are enough d***heads on UK eBay without casting the net even wider!

Irrational maybe, but there you go.

Junkyard
    Free Member

because if they claim it has not arrived EBay will always side with them
    You are then also out of pocket for this fee as well when they “dont receive it” and get a refund

Many business wont send to certain countries as well

Jamie
    Free Member

I just don’t like foreigners.

bigblackshed

Why wont people send to non-UK bidders? The buyer pays the postage and you just need to stick a country name on the bottom of the address.

I’m a non-UK bidder.

9 times out of 10 they complain about the extra postage, they expect it for the quoted price on the auction, which is for the UK.

Then if you do send it, IME, they then raise a not received dispute, get their money back, and you have next to no chance of any recourse. I will only send by courier at their expense.

globalti
    Free Member

I sold my old leather motorcycle jacket to a boutique owner in Tokyo and some ski touring equipment to a guy in Germany, both paid the courier charges and both were delighted with the service.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quick eBay question – non UK bidders’ is closed to new replies.