Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Quick Deets: Wolf Tooth Waveform Pedal
  • Ben_Haworth

The new Wolf Tooth Waveform flats will come in two ‘proportionally scaled’ sizes. Available in four colours: black, orange, blue, and ultraviolet purple.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Quick Deets: Wolf Tooth Waveform Pedal

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

Rubber_Buccaneer

£195 would sting more than a pedal strike to the shin! Look nice but that is Tom Howard money 😀

montylikesbeer

Ahem, £230.00

danieljohnreynolds

Yeah, 245 yoyos … ouch. At least at that price the shipping is free on the website!! #graspingatstraws.

I don’t really see the unique selling point vs pedals half the price – size/shape/weight etc all not wildly amazing …

Rubber_Buccaneer

I took the £195 from Saddleback’s website, didn’t imagine for a moment they’d be cheaper than direct from Wolf Tooth.

Wolf Tooth Waveform Pedals

mrmoofo

lovely looking – but at that price – nah

Northwind

They do look really good to be fair, but they cost 11 times as much as my last pedals, which are also really good. It’s hard to see where all that extra money’s going- stainless steel parts, sure but is that really adding value? Other’n that they’re just another cnc’d alu pedal

mashr

At least Pinnd butter you up with their spiel about being bombproof, these seem a bit normal

Shackleton

Got excited by the fairly large size, mud clearance and all the spikey pins, but the price? No, just no. Just can’t see how it is justified. I’d be expecting something a bit more special (cerakote?) or unique. Think I’ll stick with my modded V11s for now……

[edit] maybe it is “justified” by the made in USA, top end bearings, etc. but it is surely out of most people’s price range when decent pedals can be had for < £50?

weeksy

They’re exceptionally pretty… lovely looking things. But double the price of Hopes or 7X the price of a set of Neutrons… come on… wow….

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

they are lovely, the blue is ideal for my bike, wow that price.
    i object to paying above £75 for dmr vaults. and those look trashed after a years usage

leffeboy

I think they think ‘value’ means something different than I do.  pwetty though

dove1

I have been trying to convince myself that buying Hope flat pedals isn’t stupidly extravagant. The price of these Wolftooth pedals has made me realise that the Hope pedals are a bargain!
    Now, where’s my wallet?

desperatebicycle

No wonder they feel the need to use so many words to sell a pair of pedals

mashr

dove1
    I have been trying to convince myself that buying Hope flat pedals isn’t stupidly extravagant.

If it helps, I’ve got Hopes and they are the most underwhelming extravagant purchase I think I’ve ever made. Would recommend spending the money elsewhere

jimthesaint

I don’t know why but flat pedals are the biggest rip-off in mtb’ing.

Hope Union GC clip pedal – SRP£160 – CNC’d body, custom made for Hope double sided clipless mechanism, two pairs of cleats and a choice of pins or foot plates

Hope F20 flat pedal – SRP£140 – CNC’d body, one set of pins.

If the Union GC is £160 the F20 should be max £100

davosaurusrex

Yeah, it’s a right bugger when I’m looking to move back over to flats. Pretty and exquisitely made in the USA made these might be but feature wise can’t see anything to make them worth the cash over cheaper alternatives. The Chromag Daggas are tempting me though despite the mental price. Got a pair of Ride Concepts for £70 so that sort of justifies it, right….?

ads678

Nukeproof Neutron plastic with metal pins is all you need £22! https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-neutron-evo-flat-pedals/rp-prod122950

£230 is **** rediculous.

crossed

Blimey. And I thought my Pembree pedals were pricey!

Northwind

The Hope pedals aren’t especially good, is the other thing. Especially for the folks who got them before they changed the pin, when they didn’t have much grip but even today they’re still… decent. But decent, for the sort of money that should get you amazing.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Stupid name, stupid font ridiculous price, maybe if we have a repeat of the 2007 gbp rate when the pound was worth 2 dollars. Even if the axles were titanium I’d struggle justifying that price to myself.

seriousrikk

Wolf tooth make some good products – that goes without question. But sometimes their pricing just leaves me baffled.

I got the pack pliers as a gift, and I have no idea how £38 for them can ever be justified. I picked up the light action remote for about £55 and it’s good quality so seemed priced right (then). It’s gone up quite a bit now. I get premium products, they are nice to look at and use, but I really don’t see what those pedals have against other premium options which are 25% less.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Wolftooth prices range from expensive, but…. to WTF.

tomhoward

Look nice but that is Tom Howard money

My last set of made in America pedals was less than that, but they’ve gone up since then and the pound has taken a kicking.

Have some that were a similar price, but they’re a fair bit lighter. Ahm oot.

(Was in brief discussions about getting some Ti ones machined, but even just material costs would have been astronomical, for very little/no benefit.)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.