Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quick bit of contract advice – eden springs water cooler, rolling contract
  • Gnnr

Any legal beagles about?
    My small firm has an Eden Springs water cooler. We want to change suppliers but have been told we are in a rolling contract that will cost £110 to cancel (or wait till Oct to finish the contract.)

Now I don’t remeber signing any rolling deal and Eden Springs can’t find any signed paperwork to show me. Can I tell them where to stick it?

Is it worth the hassle or will they try to mess up my credit rating etc.

Cheers for any STW advice. G

uplink
    Free Member

Can I tell them where to stick it?

Just tell them you’ll abide by any signed contract they can produce

theotherjonv

when they deliver water do you get delivery paperwork, and does that have any std terms on the back.

Equally, do you purchase water from them on PO’s with t&c’s of your own?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If you / they have not got a copy of a contract tell them you’re going to start charging them for storage of their property.

TSY (used to work for a water cooler company)

ourmaninthenorth

How regularly do you pay? Weekly, monthly, qaurteyl, etc.?

Whatever it is, write to them explaining that, since there is no evidence of any agreement that you are locked into a rolling contract or of any break fee of £110, you are giving them reasonable notice of one [week]/[month]/[quarter] of termination of your current arrangement. Also invite them to collect the kit at a mutually agreeable time following the termination date.

That’s what I’d do (and I’d be pretty robust about it too).

Let me know if you want help with the letter.

Gnnr

Just tell them you’ll abide by any signed contract they can produce

Thats what I was thinking, is it 100% correct though.

Nothing will give me greater pleasure than telling them to “**** off” politely.

Gnnr

Thanks ourmaninthenorth – very useful. I’m waiting to hear back to see if they can produce anything that was signed.

I very much doubt it! I will be intouch re the letter if necessary. Thanks for the kind offer.

G

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quick bit of contract advice – eden springs water cooler, rolling contract’ is closed to new replies.