Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Questions about Cx Fork specifics…..help please.
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

I’m looking to get some carbon CX forks for the steel CX’er to lighten up the front end a bit.

I’ve seen these over on Aliexpress…… http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/26er-carbon-mtb-bike-fork-disc-brake-T700-carbon-fiber-3K-or-UD-glossy-finish/408575_765990538.html

They are marketed as an mtb fork 26/29er but i’m unsure if they’ll be suitable due to angles/offsets, etc as i don’t want to change the current set up too much if possible?

The offset and length are the parts i’m most concerned with…..

offset = 38mm
    length = 460mm

Any help/advice gratefully received.

cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

Look like Hylix – very stiff.

Length might be a bit long, can’t remember details.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Length might be a bit long

Yup, looks like you’re right Al, a bit of googling seems to point to a length of around 410mm axle-crown and a rake/offset of 45ish degrees…….back to the drawing board 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

If youre on a budget, I think Massi or similar light alloy 26″ forks go on ebay cheap.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Planet X Uncle John forks only £49 at the moment.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FOPXUJCC/planet_x_uncle_john_carbon_cyclocross_fork

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Planet X Uncle John forks only £49 at the moment.

cheers for the link but they need to be disc i’m afraid

tinribz
    Free Member

Have tried those Massi before, they are alu with carbon wrap, really stiff and the odd off-set messes up the steering even on a MTB.

Would stick with some steel ones like the Kaffenbacks if you can’t find any cheap carbon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Questions about Cx Fork specifics…..help please.’ is closed to new replies.