• This topic has 56 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mt.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Question for Tory voters
  • mt
    Free Member

you’d think that educated people like teachers would be more open to change rather than moaning on and on. I enjoy the collective suffering of those that call themselves teachers. It’s a sort of cathartic revenge on the incompetent, sadistic, wooly minded liberal idiots that passed themselves of as teachers when I was at school (it’s a pathetic story). I’m not bitter oh no not at all. Anyway back to the Gove chappy, he is not trying hard enough. I think he should double the size of Ofsted and recruit UKip members into the role.

BermBandit
    Free Member

mefty – Member
    Many of his policies seem pretty sensible to me.

……and does your carer know you’re on the interent again?

totalshell

mr gove has some very reasoned arguments and puts them across well.. what he does well is ask questions of service providers..in his case teachers.. they get paid well and some are poor some are good some are excellent some shouldnt be left alone with children.

when he starts the sackings i ll be happy

binners

mt – do you get traumatised panic attacks when you see corduroy jackets with patches on the elbows? Or beards? 😀

mr gove has some very reasoned arguments and puts them across well.

Have you not been taking your medication again? You know what happens!

mefty
    Free Member

…..and does your carer know you’re on the interent again?

What is your problem with the policies that I mentioned?

Coyote
    Free Member

I think he should double the size of Ofsted

Ah, another well informed “expert” on the education system. Before you spout bullshit like that can I suggest you go and get some experience of teaching from their side of the desk and also get some idea of the artificial bollocks that is OFSTED. OFSTED bring very little to the table.

grum
    Free Member

What is your problem with the policies that I mentioned?

He has made it much easier to become an academy school and has created a framework for free schools, both of which give more influence to teachers over the running of schools, which is surely leaving stuff to experts

Well, academies and free schools can employ people who aren’t qualified as teachers – not sure how that’s leaving it to the experts. And are you welcoming the advance of creationist schools his policies has encouraged?

The education secretary, Michael Gove, has approved three free schools run by groups with creationist views, including one with a document on its website declaring that it teaches “creation as a scientific theory”.

Grindon Hall Christian school in Sunderland, a private school due to reopen in September with state funding, says on its website that it will present creationism as science and affirm the position that Christians believe God’s creation of the world is “not just a theory but a fact”.

Ministers have also approved a free school in Sevenoaks, Kent, that says on its website it will teach in RE classes that “God made the world”, while a third free school, in Nottinghamshire, is a fresh proposal from a group initially turned down over creationism.

He’s allowing more influence from idiots like Toby Young, who think the only problem with schooling in this country is not enough time spent on Latin and the Classics.

And while saying he wants to leave teachers free to teach he’s introducing moronic revisionist meddling with the history curriculum.

mt
    Free Member

Coyote, see you are a teacher without a humor alarm. I thought OFSTED was for failed teachers.

anagallis_arvensis

The education system might have needed a shake what it certainly didnt need was a massive **** up.

anagallis_arvensis

MT do you ever think that maybe these educated teachers may already have many of the answers which is why they moan so much?

Coyote
    Free Member

some experience of teaching from their[/u] side of the desk

Kind of indicates that I am not actually a teacher.

Have you any experience of OFSTED?

mefty
    Free Member

And are you welcoming the advance of creationist schools his policies has encouraged?

Seems not.

Well, academies and free schools can employ people who aren’t qualified as teachers – not sure how that’s leaving it to the experts.

Well presumably they will be employed by the head teacher so I think he/she will have the expertise to judge whether they are capable.

He’s allowing more influence from idiots like Toby Young, who think the only problem with schooling in this country is not enough time spent on Latin and the Classics.

I’m not sure it is his only belief but the school which is very close to where I live is proving to be very popular.

Sancho
    Free Member

just to pour petrol on the fire, I sincerely believe that the entire education system needs to change from nursery to university, but between the government, unions and teachers who have been arguing between themselves for the last 30 years i only feel its got worse and needs a complete overhaul( with the investment to do it)

mt
    Free Member

Coyote If you telly your experience of OFsted I’ll tell you mine.

molgrips
    Free Member

I recently tried to research local schools using the Welsh equivalent of Ofsted. Total waste of time. The reports were utterly meaningless.

richmtb

Best of a bad bunch sums it up nicely.

Imagine IDS or David Davies in charge.

Or Ed Miliband 😯

Now that is a scary prospect

Politics in the UK is totally screwed, how else do you explain a clown like Farage getting so much of the vote.

Choices in the next election amount to voting for bastards, liars or incompetents

mt
    Free Member

“binners – Member
    mt – do you get traumatised panic attacks when you see corduroy jackets with patches on the elbows? Or beards?”

Can’t quite put my finger on which of those but a combination of them and some bloke trying to explain that we are all young gentlemen now and should behave like that, this while some “gentlemen” are setting fire to the desks. Such was life in the thickos class at Burnage High School. I suppose you could say he was being optimistic as a teacher. Wonder what he’d have thought of OFsted?

Binners am pleased to see that you saw the humor in my post.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Question for Tory voters’ is closed to new replies.