Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Question for the tourers
  • steezysix
    Free Member

Hi guys, I’m going to be heading off to Belgium/Holland for a couple of weeks of road touring – going to be camping but trying to travel as light as possible. Can’t decide whether to take my stove or not – I’m not really planning on cooking much, just wondering whether it’s worth packing my Jetboil for tea and maybe noodles/pasta if I can’t buy ready/cooked food at some point. I’m not going to be too far from civilisation at any point so maybe it’s going to be dead weight?

Do many of you take a stove for this sort of trip or is going to be a waste of space? Cheers!

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

take it

jameso

“if in doubt, leave it out”. Cold food / coffee is ok, Jetboils are relatively heavy and bulky too.

fasthaggis

yup,I would take one.
    I am almost useless without a morning brew 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

This is not terribly helpful…. I’d take a stove but it wouldn’t be a Jetboil. Sorry. Morning and evening cuppa plus ’emergency’ noodles if planned shop shut.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would take it. I find cooking and eating hot food at your tent to be part of the pleasure of camping. Every time I pitched the tent I’d be expecting to eat something 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Aaaahhhh Moly, what stove are you taking on the Continental Divide? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not taking one there, but that’s not the same as a touring holiday in the Low Countries 🙂

I can cook food by the power of rage alone.

jekkyl

how many places in the world can you not get a cup of coffee?, if staying in campsites you’ll probably be okay.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Lay out all the kit your’e planning to take.
    Half it.
    Lay out all the money your’e planning to take.
    Double it.

Personally, I’d take a stove..
    A crapy day can be sorted with a brew IMHO.

To be fair, you are going to two countries that love their Koffee..So you should be ok. 😀

jekkyl

don’t forget your rizla 😉

steezysix
    Free Member

I figure I’ll take it then, I’ve also got an msr dragonfly but the jetboil packs smaller and is quicker to get going. I’m visiting family in Brussels halfway through the trip so I can leave it with them if I find I’m not using it. Cheers all!

steezysix
    Free Member

Lay out all the kit your’e planning to take.
    Half it.

Got it. One sock and half a pair of pants. 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

And £1 🙂

scotroutes

For me, cooking and eating al fresco is part of the experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Question for the tourers’ is closed to new replies.