Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Question For Bike Shop Owners & Trailer Queens
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I think I need a bike display stand, not a work stand as already have one of those, to be able to store a bike upright in a tight-ish space.

Does anyone know if the Shimano Pro stand below will work with a disc equipped CX bike, as have read it no worky with 29ers, due to the axle height, and would have thought a CX bike might have similar issues.

….am open to any other stand recommendations.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Andyhilton
    Free Member

You can get a 29er PRO Stand. Just ask your local lbs or me if I am your local LBS. Think that they are £24.95 for the 29er version.

wwaswas
    Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers for the links/info…well, apart from Rorschach. How dare you make me find out what that stand was! 😛

Jamie
    Free Member

Edit: Anyone know where that Feedback Sports Rakk stand is available for less than £35?

tomhoward

We use the Pro stands in the shop, they work fine on the 29ers/hybids/cxers.

650b really brings them alive though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

How come some places/reviews/someone on this thread, say otherwise, Tom?

Basically, I want you to take a picture of a CX bike, with discs/ 35mm tyres on a PRO stand, or your pants are on fire 😀

Oh don’t say that. I feel bad enough for not being down with the latest trends 🙁

Rorschach
    Free Member

Gotta earn your turns James 8)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member

😆

tomhoward

Basically, I want you to take a picture of a CX bike, with discs/ 35mm tyres on a PRO stand, or your pants are on fire

You’re on. Not in the shop till sunday (poss saturday though) so you’ll have to sit tight.

Harry_the_Spider

Od Pod.

http://www.od-designs.co.uk/

Made by a fellow STW inmate too!

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re on. Not in the shop till sunday (poss saturday though) so you’ll have to sit tight.

Cheers, Fella. If I snap and order one before then I will let you know so you don’t waste your time.

Gotta earn your turns James

*shakes fist*

amplebrew

Those Feedback stands are great, you’d get everything but a fat bike in one.

p9adv
    Free Member

Od pod for me he’s also got another stand in production to take 5 bikes

Jamie
    Free Member

Those Feedback stands are great, you’d get everything but a fat bike in one.

I really like them, as look nice and neat….but 2x the price of the PRO and more or less does the same job.

amplebrew

I only prefer the Feedback stands as they don’t go anywhere near the frame touching only the tyre and the wheel sits right into a channel, so they’re pretty secure.

There are also definitely no issues with different wheel sizes.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Question For Bike Shop Owners & Trailer Queens’ is closed to new replies.