Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Question about points on my driving liscence
  • lyons
    Free Member

Basicaly, i’ve applied for a job, but i have to have a clean liscence… I have some points from an offence just over 3 years ago, but it wont be 3 years from when i went to court until June. Do the points coutn from when I commited the offence, or when I went to court?

Fingers crossed it’s the answer i want…

Cheers Andy

coffeeking
    Free Member

Points apply from the date of judgement I think, not the date of offence? Either way I suspect that (job dependant) they’ll accept you explaining that the points will be off in a matter of a couple of weeks etc?

uplink
    Free Member

They don’t come off you licence for 4 years

lyons
    Free Member

are you sure uplink? I was told 3 by the company…

smiffkin

Sorry Lyons, its date of conviction that counts. Be honest and explain and if they really want you they might accept that its almost clean. Best of luck!

lyons
    Free Member

ok, I’ll just have to how they fell, it wasnt for anything bad so if i’m lucky…

cheers.

boblo
    Free Member

It’s 3 years for totting up, but they can’t be deleted for 4. Not sure why there is a disconnect between the two dates. Anyone know?

coffeeking
    Free Member

It’s 3 years for totting up, but they can’t be deleted for 4. Not sure why there is a disconnect between the two dates. Anyone know?

Whats “totting up”?? I know the general meaning of the phrase, but I dont see how that applies here?

The offence code and penalty points will be shown on your driving licence and must stay there for four or eleven years depending on the offence.

boblo
    Free Member

Points accrued for separate offences must not exceed (tot up to) 12 in a 3 year period. If they do, you’re off the road.

coffeeking
    Free Member

But if I get 12 points in 4 years I’m ok despite having the same number of points in total? Very odd. If you reach 12 points in a 3 year total you’re either blind or a danger to society anyway!

boblo
    Free Member

Yes that’s correct, it’s a rolling 3 year period. Again, I’m not sure why they are recorded for 4 when they only ‘count’ for 3.

Dunno about being blind etc. You only need to be caught once per year plus another endorsable and you’re up to the limit. I used to drive 60k per anum and this was painfully easy to achieve….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Question about points on my driving liscence’ is closed to new replies.