Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Question about lighting on edinburgh's cycle paths
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

There is a light out on one of the cycle paths I use which makes part of the path pretty dark. I want to report it but not sure who looks after it – should I contact the council's cycle team, or do I go through another dept? And does anyone have any contact details?

jimmy

didn't you ask the same question a coupla months ago? Someone did (although it might have been about overgrown bushes).

Can't find the original post now.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Clarence Cycleways as well as roads

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd just phone the council, they'll put you through to the right folk, same team as roads I would guess…

rickmeister

Call the council, they are or have been pretty good in the past, responding to calls on the Water Of Leith path and all the post Ned broken glass…..

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

cheers, didn't realise clarence did the cycle paths as well as the roads.

jimmy – i had a similar post, but it was about a tree down on part of the water of leith, which is looked after by a different team apparently.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

as an aside, does anyone know what the environmental wardens do? i see them a lot on the cycle paths, but the broken glass etc doesn't ever seem to be cleaned up after one of their visits. or are they the ones who fine you for dropping litter?

i offered to volunteer to help maintain the cyclepaths but the council haven't got back to me, despite telling me they did take on volunteers.

pjt201
    Free Member

If you want to volunteer to maintain cycle paths get in touch with Sustrans if it's on the national cycle network. Their rangers undertake this kind of thing.

jimmy

I've just written to Sustrans. I had the idea last year of doing a litter pick along a section of the path from Roseburn down to Leith as its pretty horrible in places. Its something I'd like to organise so I'll see what they say, see if they can help out.

druidh
    Free Member

Tom at The Bike Chain is a Sustrans Ranger. You could try contacting him for some details. Last time I tried to volunteer, I never heard back from them, so going through him might be more successful.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Question about lighting on edinburgh's cycle paths’ is closed to new replies.