Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Question 1: what type of bike is this?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Looked like a beach cruiser, but with gears? (And a kick stand)

Question 2: How come it overtook me on my 8kg carbon road bike yesterday?

Jamie
    Free Member

Question 2: How come it overtook me on my 8kg carbon road bike yesterday?

It looks like matey has legs of steel and you’re obviously slow 8)

McHamish
    Free Member

He has a playing card in the back wheel to make motorbike noises…this has made him go faster.

Other than that I have no answers for you.

Plus his calves are the width of some people’s waist lines.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lucien

Spokey dokeys?

alfabus
    Free Member

he overtook you because you were too busy playing with your camera.

DezB
    Free Member

I think it might have been a robot. We (obviously I couldn’t let him just ride away) overtook some lycra (Skins compression!) clad roadies shortly after too! He/it sure was motoring.

McHamish
    Free Member

Also the date appears to be wrong on your camera…if you can’t be bothered to keep that up to date how can we be sure of the condition of your bike?

duntstick
    Free Member

It’s Ton on his new electric bike.

Rickos
    Free Member

Those calf muscles are huge!

Was it coogan?

samuri
    Free Member

Legs look a bit chubby and he’s sat too low. He’s more awesome than you though.

DezB
    Free Member

The date on the camera is always wrong. Can’t be bothered with copying the file to it each time. (It was only 15 quid though)

Burning up the roadies (short video):

ton

deffo a electric bike in disguise i reckon.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at beign overtaken by someone on a cruiser in trainers adn a yellow jacket adn askign what their bike is

DezB earlier:

duntstick
    Free Member

Powerful right thumb!

samuri
    Free Member

and a springy saddle. Cool!

DezB
    Free Member

He certainly has a bobbing problem 🙂

maccruiskeen

Dunno about the bike, but the big comfy saddle and Fat Albert tyres tells me that the bag is full of Velovision magazines. Sure fire way check would have been to overtake him and look back and see if he’s smiling like a loon. Velovision always has pictures of the happiest looking cyclists I’ve ever seen – no race faces just great big happy happy smiles.

Of course that would have required you to overtake him.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Could have been a Marine/Commando/SBS on his way down to one of the Naval bases. They are all mentally fit and the ones I rode with had shonky bikes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dez – have you got answers for us?

allthepies
    Free Member

lesser spotted MAMIL.

DezB
    Free Member

Yes TSY, I have an answer to question 2. Do you want to know?

McHamish
    Free Member

Eventually his knees are going to be shot if he keeps his seat that low…then you’ll be able to go faster than him no problem.

Could have been a Marine/Commando/SBS on his way down to one of the Naval bases.

That jacket’s no good for desert warfare, they’ll see him a mile off…although…

Peter: Don’t worry Chris. Sometimes it’s good not to fit in. (Flashback to Veitnam)
    Peter (dressed in a clown suit): You guys are stupid. Their gonna be looking for army people.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

yes please

DezB
    Free Member

It’s a bit boring really, I started a new commute this week, 55mins compared to 35 that I’ve been used to, so was taking it easy up the hill.
    I overtook him, he overtook me, we overtook some (what I now know are) MAMILS and then I got bored and (another short vid)..

Did expect to see him behind me 10 miles later when I turned into my street though, still bouncing away, same deadpan expression… 😯

wwaswas

so you cycled together for 10+ miles (for most of which you were towing him) and didn’t exchange a word?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

because he is putting some effort in and you are slacking off?

DezB
    Free Member

so you cycled together for 10+ miles (for most of which you were towing him) and didn’t exchange a word?

No, only about 1 mile. I “did expect to see him”..
    (Actually I said “Alright?” as I passed him but he didn’t respond. A robot I tell you.)

wwaswas

ah, my mistake. as you were.

DezB
    Free Member

He was too busy being awesome to communicate.

Coleman
    Free Member

Ha! Ha! I could easily go faster than that on my cruiser!

However, after a few hundred metres would need to stop to fix a puncture – a punctured lung that is! ( A great response I once got from a riding buddy when asked if he was OK)

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Maybe he’s a drugs mule with an appointment to keep.

samuri
    Free Member

Christ! That van almost killed you. I’d have given him a big old finger pudding.

DezB
    Free Member

Nah, that was more room than most give on that road!

johnners
    Free Member

Could have been a Marine/Commando/SBS on his way down to one of the Naval bases. They are all mentally fit

I’ve met a few Marines, none of whom could really have been described as mentally fit.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Question 1: what type of bike is this?’ is closed to new replies.