Query re: old Fox Vanilla Rear Shock

Home Forum Bike Forum Query re: old Fox Vanilla Rear Shock

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Query re: old Fox Vanilla Rear Shock
  • jonk

They are nitrogen charged so if you can find someone to charge it just change the oil and it will be fine again.I had mine charged at a local MX shop. Mojo can also service older shocks too

Try mick gardner racing 01226 240099. they deal with ohlins shock and are doing a nitrogen recharge for my noleen shock, so they probably can do yours. cost about £10-£15

JImmAwelon

I have an old Vanilla Rear shock that I wish to bring back into use and want to know if it is in good order. It is one of the old ones without a piggyback. I have removed the spring and compressed the damper rod and it slowly pushes back out but with a slight squelch at the end. No fluid or bubbles but just a squelch, in truth it may not be a liquid squelch but perhaps dried out seals? I’ll lube up the damper rod and try again.

Does anyone have any tips on deciding if this needs attention or not? I want to replace my air shock with the coil spring because the air shock needs continually needs service attention. Any help appreciated.

JImmAwelon

Aaaaaagggghhhhh – and now I have just snapped the rebound knob! It was a bit stiff and I got the pliers on it…. now it’s very loose. Full service mehinks, by someone that knows what they are doing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Query re: old Fox Vanilla Rear Shock’ is closed to new replies.