Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Queen elizabeth country park trail opening
  • DezB
    Free Member

Been raining steadily here all afternoon, those A3 side climbs willbe fun 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

Its not too bad in the wet, although I will be putting my mud tyres/wheels. Be a bit careful on the switchbacks.

Fkn weather. I was just saying to mates at work, I’m still using my winter gloves on my motorbike – its nearly June!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Apparently I want to go an look at a house and then do some clothes shopping instead so i won’t be there now. 🙁

The guy asking about a Tusday night tour of Lordswood – I am up in london every day at the moment so don’t get back in time for ther regular Thursday night 7pm ride. I suppose I could do a later ride one Tuesday. Email me directly and we can sort something out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Come on you firey ball in the sky show your face I don’t really want to change my tyres

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

very nice. did’nt look like that in the mid 80’s when i started riding there. great to see that someone has finally realised what an excellent cycling centre it can be, so much potential and many of the best bits were/are out of bounds.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, changed a lot hasn’t it.
    I think I preferred the old chalk climb at the start today though!

Does anyody know if there was anybody doing photo’s etc for the 4hr race last night

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Definately there were photos being taken. Damned if I know where on the web to look for them! Maybe on Monday something will appear on the Hargroves cycles site.

smiff
    Free Member

QECP Collective have some (photos taken on snakebites) but not sure who of yet, will post back if they’re up.

results of race are up here:
    http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EventReport.aspx?eventID=169QueenElizibethPark19/05/2012

jedi

was cool to be asked to open the trail and meet the collective.
    such a laugh 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yer it was a good laugh tony 🙂 , nice to meet you see you again soon!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

the old chalk climb

have they done away with that? damn, that was a good start to the ride.

superfli
    Free Member

Great weekend, and great riding with you Tony. Sorry I cant remember saying goodbye, hope I did lol! I think someone spiked my Jagerbombs 😈

Chalk climb was ditched a few years ago. I think its much better with the winding “goat trail” track up instead of straight up, even if it does get muddy.

What did everyone think of the red trail then? Any constructive critizism welcome! Bear in mind the recent weather and the surface/rock type we have to work with

scottfitz
    Free Member

I think someone spiked my Jagerbombs

I think it was you that spiked your Jagerbombs McFly!!! 😈

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

Any constructive critizism welcome

I haven’t been for a few weeks but even then I think that the work and effort that had been put into it had really paid off. I’m gutted that I couldn’t join the collective and help. I don’t really want to criticize but there was just one thing that I thought could do with some extra attention. ignore me if it has been done but there was one corner that I thought needed a burm which didn’t have one. It was over about as far from the car park as you go, right next to the A3 before you go up along the straight path. on the last part of the decent there, you go along a couple of burms but then there was one missing on the very last corner. I found it slightly frustrating to lose the speed that was kept by the previous burm there. that is all. I can’t wait to go and ride the full thing!

scottfitz
    Free Member

It was over about as far from the car park as you go, right next to the A3 before you go up along the straight path. on the last part of the decent there, you go along a couple of berms but then there was one missing on the very last corner. I found it slightly frustrating to lose the speed that was kept by the previous berm there. that is all. I can’t wait to go and ride the full thing!

I know the one you mean, we have issues with drainage in that area in the winter and sticking a berm in might make its worse. Maybe some shore or rocks or something, when we first made that bit of trail there were no roots on the corner 😆 , see what we can do. Thanks for the heads up dave!

DezB
    Free Member

I just can’t wait for it to get dry again. It’s great in the dry.

All that’s missing now is a pond for my dog to jump into. 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Should be very dry by mid week looking at the weather forecast 😀

superfli
    Free Member

fkn great, weather forecast looks fantastic and I’m about to go off on holiday 🙄

mattbee

Did a couple of laps this morning, was ridings really well. A few soft bits on Hard Shoulder but otherwise perfect. Did have a bit of a scare on Lumberjack though when I came round a corner to fond the bloke from Hargroves removing course tape…

scottfitz
    Free Member

Did have a bit of a scare on Lumberjack though when I came round a corner to fond the bloke from Hargroves removing course tape

Did you bunny hop him?

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Queen elizabeth country park trail opening’ is closed to new replies.