Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 206 total)
  • Queen Elizabeth Country Park QECP trail building
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Gum-Bi 60/50a dual compound for fast rolling and exceptional grip on wet roots and rocks

Tread pattern is similer but better compound for Wet root madness at QE.

Yer sorry £36.99 a pair typo!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Who’s up for a bit of trail building? Meet in main car park at 10.30 on sat 3rd and sun 4th December. There will be no Steve so one of us will have to go down to get coffee and no guarantee of biscuits so bring a bite to eat. As it is now winter and getting dark we will be working to 3.30. Fancy dress optional as its nearly Christmas, I will bring some beers and tasty treats

DezB
    Free Member

Almost embarrassed to be posting on this thread as a bit of a freeloader! (I don’t get time to help with building though 🙁 )

Just to say the trails were riding beautifully this morning.
    Me and the trailhound had a lovely blast.

Is the jumpy section accessed from a bit further up the fire-road than where the “extended orange trail” signs are?

scottfitz
    Free Member

The jumpy bit is on the new bit of trail that starts on the top of the fireroad climb just before it cross the horse trail. We understand not everyone can help, but hope you all are having fun on the trails 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers Scott. Yeah I passed the jumps on the parallel bit of trail below them. Looked like fun.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sorry dez I see what you mean now. Just before the jump on the switchbacks there is a skull and crossbones with an arrow on a tree, follow that mate.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Riding at qecp on Friday evening, if anyone wants a guided tour in the dark feel free to come along. Meeting in the main carpark at 7.00, 2 hour ish ride. Bring lights and some warm cloths etc……

scottfitz
    Free Member

We have had a bit PR drive Here are some links-

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/winter-diggingqueen-elizabeth-country-park.html

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/bike-news-round-up-latest-gear-events-33013

http://blog.wiggle.com/2011/11/18/trail-building-at-q-e-park/

Thanks to the guys at dirt, wiggle, Thomas Dibley (for the bike radar one)

And a big thanks to all thoughs that keep on coming to the dig days.

Next dig days are:28/29 January, 25/26 February and 24/25 March, Main carpark at 10.30

eranu
    Free Member

Dig next weekend 25th/26th had 32 people over for the last one. Lets get some more there this time. Lots of people on here ride there so come on pick up a spade/mattock and come help us.

10:30 either day at the centre.

geologist
    Free Member

Im working in Bordon from April – July, so will lend a hand over that period. Ill make sure my spade is in the back of my car 🙂

Keep up the great work. Working down in that part of the world is alot more appealing now that the trail is at the standard it is now 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

The Queen Elizabeth Country Park Collective would like to invite you to the launch of the new red (yet to be named) mountain bike trail at Queen Elizabeth Country Park near Petersfield in Hampshire on Saturday 19th May 2012. By that time the Collective would have added nearly 2km of extra trail to the existing orange trail, as well as tidying up and improving bits of the old trail. By then the Collective will have been working on the trail for one year, with thousands of hours of planning and digging done by volunteers with the assistance of one of the Park’s Rangers. The budget for all the work is £0 and at the moment we are still within the budget!

This is not the end of the work. There are still many years of digging ahead but we would like to invite you to celebrate with us the remarkable achievement made by a remarkable group of volunteers that are focused on building mountain bike trails that everyone can use. At 12 noon on 19th May at the park visitor centre there will be a presentation made by members of the collective where the trail will become officially “open”.

That weekend Hargroves Cycles have organised a cycle festival at QE park, which will include a kids race, enduro race, live music and a demo day on 20th May. We have scheduled our launch so as not to clash with the activities Hargroves are putting on. There will also be camping facilities available should you wish to stay overnight.

Queen Elizabeth Country Park is situated on the A3, 45 minutes south of the M25 and only an hour from south london. If you would like any more information on the launch then please contact qecptrailbuilding@yahoo.co.uk or check out the QECP mountain bike trail build facebook page.

Many thanks,

The QECP Collective

Viva la trail revolution!

scottfitz
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cew6CLUQq9Y[/video]
    This weekends Dig & test!

singletrackmind

Is that last section above the ‘horsebox’ car park ? Sort of below the fast rooty end to the old orange trail.
    Looks almost mud free , rode round last weekend and it was claggy . Good workout tho.

Taff
    Free Member

Looking good. Will have to take a trip up this week

scottfitz
    Free Member

Is that last section above the ‘horsebox’ car park ? Sort of below the fast rooty end to the old orange trail.
    Looks almost mud free , rode round last weekend and it was claggy . Good workout tho.

Yes it is and there was no clag, is so dry for Feb is mad!!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Pics from this weekends dig:

Really good fun, 20+ people both days.

scottfitz
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/37489860[/video]
    Edit from the big finish.

Taff
    Free Member

is the last bit rideable or is it closed off until completion

scottfitz
    Free Member

Taff- Ride with caution because its not official open but it will be fine if you have a little test on the berms that are complete.

Snakebits are open and now one of my fav bits of the park 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

Snakebits? Where is that? Haven’t been up for a while so probably behind on a lot of the changes!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Its the Switch backs that were added in 2009 by velocity and updated by the QECP collective past to dig weekends. The bit in the start of the youtube vid.

singletrackmind

Its the Switch backs that were added in 2009 by velocity and updated by the QECP collective past to dig weekends. The bit in the start of the youtube vid.

That never worked as the berms wernt high enough , or long enough ,for the rate of descent and angulation of the corners

Taff
    Free Member

Ah right, I do like those, there were a few berms that didn’t quite work before. I thught that was the palce int he youtube clip but for some reason it look different. Will have a wander up there tomorrow night I reckon

scottfitz
    Free Member

Give them a go now singletrackmind we have changed 80% of corners, loads more flow.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Bit of test of the new bits at qecp: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/248587/

From now till the launch (19th May) we are not starting anything new just, Just touching up the new bits, some of them are still bedding in and will need patching up next dig days Fri 30th March, 21th & 22nd April. If you would like to help feel free to come along.

Happy trails guys.

is the last bit rideable or is it closed off until completion

Taff all of the trail is now open give it a go and let us know what you think.

singletrackmind

I even helped build that berm .
    Wish I had done abit more now.
    Not ridden the new section but the rest of new sections are riding very well now its dry.

eranu
    Free Member

If you were there Sunday you did a great job. Lots of effort went into them.

singletrackmind

Yep . Sunday. Did 2 laps then stopped by and wheeled barrows around for about an hour .
    Had stuff to do so unforunatly couldnt stay longer .

scottfitz
    Free Member

Going to head up there at 12.30 on friday for a ride and then do some tweets to the finish. If anyone want to join me let me know.

superfli
    Free Member

A vid from yesterday, shows most of the new stuff.
    Lovely and flowy atm

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmT4kgumIo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

nimo
    Free Member

rode it last week for the first time in the dry. Absolutley fantastic. if the aim of the track is speed and flow ( with short brutal climbs!!!!! )then it is 100 % successful. it is now a great place to ride. a massive thanks to all those who have made it happen

scottfitz
    Free Member

brutal climbs

😀
    Love a good brutal climb 😈

bazzer
    Free Member

The switchbacks are much better now, thanks trail fairies 🙂

I rode all the new stuff for the first time on Sunday (been away in the alps skiing)

The new stuff is ace I really like the totally new section by the red horse trail.

Good work guys !!!

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve been really enjoying it. Don’t normally stick to the park but had some fun in there recently… made even more fun with the addition of Strava!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im going to have to get back over there for the day, looks vastly more flowy than before! Cant wait!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Congrats to all involved here! With the tunnel, this should be much more accessible for others including me! Last week I saw a post with a map and a description of the new trails on a forum. Can’t remember which one. Does it ring a bell with anyone? Thanks in advance for any link.

scottfitz
    Free Member

It’s on bike radar forum in pics and vids section.

singletrackmind

Did 3 laps on Sunday .
    Really enjoyed it , despite binning it like a newbie on lap 2 .
    It seems really hard now , like a mini trail center , but without the fire roads to catch your breath .
    NOt sure how a 4 hr enduro will work as there are very few overtaking spots. A 2 / 4 / 6 lap format with a staggered start might work abit better , with the feild thinning out as the 2 and 4 lappers finish .

scottfitz
    Free Member

Race route will be different, with fireroad climbs section for overtaking 😉 Should be about 6 laps. 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

Jeez it’s wet up there! Came off the bike for the first time in ages just after the last berm on the final descent where it’s a little off camber. Not really helped my Strava attempts!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘Queen Elizabeth Country Park QECP trail building’ is closed to new replies.