Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Quantocks ice riding pics!
  • snaps
    Free Member

I joined Shinythings for a short notice Quantocks blast today & Ladys edge climb is still frozen solid despite 10C temperatures!

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3104/3187686827_79c7016ccd_b_d.jpg[/img]

scraprider
    Free Member

nice one ,looks like you had a blast ,just getting over man flu at the mo , gonna be another week i think till im good to go again .

didmatt
    Free Member

looks fun and interesting, I was out on the NY Moors a few weeks ago on ice. It certainly keeps you alert! Been out at Dalby today and it was just wet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    snaps
    Free Member

Yes twas a good ride but blowing a gale – saw lots of other MTBers out.
    The snack wagon wasn’t at the layby in Holford but the Plough pub was open just down the road.

knottie8
    Free Member

I wimped out and sat infront the tv/pc all day ! That wind put me off.

bustagonad
    Free Member

Rode similiar there abouts at Christmas, anyone know where the technical stuff is. The elevator shaft or something is that steep.

knottie8
    Free Member

“anyone know where the technical stuff is”

oh yes……

chico
    Free Member

these are from rivington pike jan 3 2009

chico
    Free Member

how do you get pictures up on here?

bustagonad
    Free Member

Knottie, please share with the group, you want to rema in the circle of trust don’t you and please don’t say Smith’s combe, as smooth as a baby’s bum, ridged singlespeed territory. One visit seriously disilusioned.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I was driving home from work past Crowcombe Park Gate at about quarter to eight, and there was a group of 5 or 6 out on a night ride.

knottie8
    Free Member

I rarely ride smiths as its a swine to put into a good loop. stert/somerton combe along with slaugtherhouse combe and of course “the chimeny” for starters. Weacombe combe and a few off piste bits but as always a local guide is best…for a long day out track down sharki. I get too knackered doing a full all dayer up there.

knottie8
    Free Member

Or we could fix up a group ride like thoses swinley riders did.

twohats
    Free Member

Pffft, proper ice riding,
    Frozen lake.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Knottie, if you do run a Quantocks STW group ride a la Swinley sometime then please put me on your email list cos me & cipher23 are aching to go back up there again, only this time with someone who knows where to go :o)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks ice riding pics!’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts