Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 197 total)
  • Quality issues on the 17` Ragley Blue Pig 2011
  • Fishd

He was told that if his mechanic attempted to fit the headset and it didn’t fit, then the company would replace it under warranty… or he could wait a few weeks to get a replacement shipped to Germanyshire ((c) toys19 2011).

So, send it back now, or try it, see if it fits and if not, send it back then. One way, he might get a bike now the other way, he’ll definitely have to wait.

That is a million miles away from replying by mail with “sod off, I don’t care, just whack it with a big hammer, it’ll be reet” but a lot less fun on Internet forums.

I will agree on the paint jobs though, my mmmBop frame looks shocking after only six months use…. or do I start a thread to “out” muck-off?

ash

It’s a real shame that the Ragley brand has been let down by one or more suppliers in Taiwan because, design wise (geometry, ride, etc) these frames are streets ahead of the rest.

My Blue PigX has been flawless, and it’s finished very nicely, great paint job, etc… Without a shadow of a doubt the best hardtail I’ve ever owned, by quite some distance.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He was told to sbodge it, he was told to send it to CRC for them to bodge it, it has taken months and he still does not have a functional bike

are we reading the same thread?
    He was told to fit it and see and that it would be warranted if it did not fit- this does not seem a bodge
    It sat in a box for 5 weeks with the OP and in two weeks he has had a replacement frame which seems reasonable.
    The quality of the replacement is not good though – TJ you even spin this thread to fit your left wing narrative 😉

bendedheadtube
    Free Member

It sat in a box for 5 weeks with the OP and in two weeks he has had a replacement frame which seems reasonable

The mentioned 5 weeks are adding up:
    First week : waiting for the headset. CRC could not dispatch headset and frame on the same shipment.

Second and Third week : Finding a bike shop, which is capable of fitting in a 44mm headset. Driving a lot of km around to all bike shops i know with the frame in my trunk.
    (Afterwards i talked to them and they they confessed to me, that Most of them did recognize the oval headtube, and then refuse to take commission)

fourth week : Get the Frame back from the retrailer/shop with the hint of the wrong measurment. (This retrailer had taken the comission, but due to the high utilization on the high tide of the season, they had not recognized the bended headtube before and i had to wait a week.

Fifth week : Waiting for the response from the CRC Warranty Dept.

float
    Free Member

QC issues happen everywhere, you think getting a bent 300 quid frame is bad, imagine forking over 1,750 for a frame and finding that one bent. (a USA made full suss frame)

Intense. what do i win? 🙂

Fishd

Intense. what do i win?

No prizes for incorrect answers. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Fraser Hughes:

If we are going down that road you might want to think who the ultimate owner of The Bike Chain is too….

I thought they were owned by Alex Salmond, as an offshoot of the SNP cycling division?

alpin
    Free Member

a friend had an Intense M9. there was a constant knocking coming from the rear end and he said it felt as though the rear wasn’t connected.

it turned out a pin holding the rear end onto the front was 3mm too long and there was play. Intense said they knew of the problem and to simply fit some spacers in there to take up the slack.

quite shoddy for a 3k frame, i thought.

montylikesbeer

Is this thread still rolling on.

What we have is QC issue, let CRC deal with it.

Or lets keep lambasting a great innovative designer who providers a well designed products.

Really does my head in this constant whining and carrying on.

I’m off for a ride

trailertrash

perhaps we would all be a bit more polite and accurate with our posts if we all had to use our real names, like, oh……Brant for example.
    his name is dave.

sigh…the point being he has no anonymity

Junkyard
    Free Member

its not really whining the OP has a point – he still does not have a working bike/frame and yes the OP deserves it to be sorted. I am not sure a STW thread is the best way of sorting this though. The suppliers have not known for months [ he had it for 5 weeks before contacting them] about the issue with this frame [QC issues aside]. The reason for his delay seems reasonable and he has had a replacement [ unsatisfactory one] since then.
    I would not be happy if I was the OP

montylikesbeer

True Junkyard but this is not the place to sort out a commercial problem whilst it is on going.

We only have to think back to the superstar bear bating/octo nonsence a while ago (and yes I was one of the otco posters)

Brant designs good kit and everyone should have a break I guess.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

bendedheadtube did seemingly just join stw to post about his frame .. I’ve only just realised the connection between is username and the topic, so checked his forum activity.
    I can see why Brant copied and pasted email, but I would have still kept BHT’s real name schtum.

at the end of the day it’s a customer complaint, and Brant is using STW as a form of communication for his profession, surely would require some professional restraint.

The whole point of Forum nicknames is so we don’t need to all use our real names if we don’t want.
    Brant chose to sign in as Brantbut his ‘end user/customer/source of income chose to sign in as bendedheadtube so on here should only really be referred as such?

I absolutely hated the day that someone once used my real name in my ebay feedback (I mean why would you .. it was positive feedback btw).. it’s now there forever more.

mutley

despite having had my 16″ piglet frame recalled by CRC for a manufacturing fault it is a brilliant bike. frame now replaced, but only after refund from CRC and buying one from elsewhere.

the CRC warranty process was deeply frustrating and communication with them had a delay of about a week, don’t think they are based on jupiter 🙁

but as for my piglet, i love it

Fishd

I might be missing something but I don’t get the issue with using his first name. It’s not like he used his full name, DoB etc… and it was the OP that gave his location away to his fellow countryman (and then moaned about it). I’m quite sure there are many people with that name in Germany as there are blokes called ‘Dave’ in the UK.

Personally, if you’re coming on here to slag someone off sorry, i mean warn other consumers about potential wrong doings[/i] then why hide behind a fake username and temporary profile?

Shandy
    Free Member

Well if I was a mountain bike designer or distributor this would never have happened, and let me tell you why…

MrKmkII
    Free Member

perhaps we would all be a bit more polite and accurate with our posts if we all had to use our real names, like, oh……Brant for example.
    his name is dave.

sigh…the point being he has no anonymity

ahahaha that’s brilliant! brant used to write as zak tempest in mbuk! 😆

ash

Or lets keep lambasting a great innovative designer who providers a well designed products.

I’m off for a ride

100% nail on head.

Junkyard
    Free Member

People really do love Brant on here even when the frames are literally useless and thw innovative designer works for the company than sells and imports them etc. I dont have a strong opinion either way but I suspect if it was any other manufacturer people would not be so fulsome in their praise. Fruit anyone??? and his QC issues. Imagine he then named the OP in an e-mail the STW thread would be just like this one no doubt.

Shandy
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t they be fulsome in their praise? Perhaps if Brant had multiple logins, waffling on about his own products, being outed and then coming back and making a fool of himself, people would lose respect for him.

As for this anonymity nonsense, would you really be bothered if a load of people on the internet knew your first name, country of residence, and the fact that you had a wonky bicycle frame? Is somebody going to steal his identity or place great shame on his family, armed with this information?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Now let me think there why we would not praise him.
    Is it the two shonky frames?
    Perhaps it is the admitted issues with QC that should annoy us?
    What about publishing personal e-mails on the Internet? T
    Brant may make great frames but this is a bit of a mess and we would have pitchforks and lynching pics by now were it any other manufacturer/designer IMHO.
    Instead we get another Brant love in despite the products being literally unusable.
    Publishing e-mails from the OP and using their name should be a last resort rather than an opening gambit IMHO. Not that big a deal but not a great idea either.

Shandy
    Free Member

🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

you beat me there with that powerful argument shandy

Shandy
    Free Member

You seem obsessed with knocking the guy. He has fronted up to the problem and looked into the specific case in hand. Anyway, you keep that winning behaviour up, waving around a couple of dodgy frames you’ve never laid hands on and quoting imaginary rules of the internet.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps you could have rubbished my points rather than rubbish me with a gentle ad hominem ?

Shandy
    Free Member

Your “points” have all been covered about 3 pages back.

You are just trying to persuade everybody to get as upset about all of this as you are.

In fact you’ve talked me into it. This is an outrage against trading standards and common decency which sets a dangerous precedent.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Personally, I’d reserve having a paddy until after Ragley/Brant/CRC refused to put the problem right, up until then I’d be mildly disgruntled at worst.

toys19
    Free Member

I cannot see the problem, they faffed it up, they tried to out it right, they faffed it up again it looks as though they are going to put it right? As I said before if the OP wanted his money back I’m sure he could. I’m no Brant lover by any means, I’m not keen on Ragley and the only on-one I had peed me off with hideous chainsuck, but I don’t think he has done anything bad here (apart from maybe using the OP’s name, but the OP has said above he does not care). Sometimes things go wrong, people make mistakes, its how they put them right that counts, it appears they are trying hard to put it right. If they had refused to honour the warranty or just ran off with his dosh and laughed this would be an issue, but the haven’t, they have stood by their responsitiblity. What exactly is wrong with that?

edit: paulsoxo beat me to it, with less words..

Junkyard
    Free Member

another ad hominem shandy cheers- will you ever get tired?
    That’s rhetorical BTW.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

toys19 – Member

edit: paulsoxo beat me to it, with less words.

However, you managed to write my name, but with less letters! 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

😆

Ooops sorry

jordie
    Free Member

Anybody who has anything made in the far east will always be at risk from the stupid factor that goes on over there.One day things are made fine the next not,It is very hard to control.I have a Bluepig and no problems with it at all

damo2576
    Free Member

Its not really far to blame the ‘far east’, plenty of quality product coming out of there – you just need to be able to manage the quality process. And you ain gonna get six sigma from a small co producing £300 frames. Pay your money take your chances.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Hotlines staff flown out to Taiwan..

Dont suppose they could take a few drums of grease and oil to the sun ringle freehub assembly factory while they are passing? ;O)

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I bought a Ragley blue pig MK1 and could’nt get the rear wheel in the spacing for the axle was too bloody small on the frame ….rubbish !!!!

deviant
    Free Member

I bought a Ragley blue pig and it had an affair with my wife.

robdob
    Free Member

I see you’ve never had a BrantCo frame and suffered the many problems that they come with!

I’ve had 3 different ones. All needed work on (major filing or hitting with hammer) or had design faults that had to be “accepted”.
    I’ll personally never buy a Brant product again as long as I can ride a bike.

And as for accepting that a £300 frame might not be perfect and that you should just accept it, please let me know what company you work for so I can avoid it like the plague.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

This last two and a bit years have been a big learning process

sorry mate but that’s why i wouldn’t waste my money on one of youre frames. Giant not a cool name but they make cool bikes, you should have got them to make you’re frames.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Its not really far to blame the ‘far east’, plenty of quality product coming out of there – you just need to be able to manage the quality process. And you ain gonna get six sigma from a small co producing £300 frames. Pay your money take your chances.

exactly. don’t use a dubious lowest price factory for a couple of years and then end up going back to your original factory after all the cock-ups, that few years of bigger margins comes at a price.

Basil

Is he getting a refund on this or going for third time lucky?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Quality issues on the 17` Ragley Blue Pig 2011’ is closed to new replies.