Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Quality Garmin quickfit leather strap alternatives?
  • whatgoesup

I’d like to get a leather strap for my Fenix6. Genuine Garmin ones are very expensive. Very mixed reviews on 3rd party ones on Amazon etc – poor quality leather, clips failing (it’s an expensive watch to lose).

Has anyone found one they’d recommend ?

Thanks

MSP

My genuine garmin one was very poor quality, sent it back to amazon for a refund after it fell apart after about 9 months, I was even swapping to the silicon strap for working out, so it was only normal every day wear.

So I would like to know as well.

walowiz

+1 have tried various non OEM straps and they’ve been poor and not a huge fan of the std garmin strap the fenix is shipped with.

bensales
    Free Member

I wasn’t impressed with the legit Garmin leather one that I got a couple of years ago. Nor have I managed to find a decent aftermarket one.

However, I’ve just got one of Garmin’s Jacquard-weave nylons straps to go with my fancy new Epix, and whilst the price was utterly obnoxious, it’s really nicely made. Thick but flexible laser cut fabric, and very nice stainless steel hardware.

Got it from First Class Watches, and used their “Make an offer” function to get a fair chunk off.

https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/garmin-quickfit-22-marq-black-jacquard-weave-strap-only-010-12738-21-p-59165/

jeffl

£180 RRP for a nylon watch strap, that’s mental!

MSP

They are 150 euros rrp over here, but available for about half that if you shop around. Still silly money for what it is mind.

bensales
    Free Member

£180 RRP for a nylon watch strap, that’s mental!

<shrug>

The watch is a thousand pounds. To some that’s mental as well.

Some people ride pushbikes costing thousands…

whatgoesup

Blimey, that Jacquard-weave strap is ridiculously expensive.

Looks like I’ll be sticking with the standard strap.
    I previously had a Notocity aftermarket rubber strap that was every bit as good as the original and was £15. I might order one just as a spare

rjmccann101

I got a leather strap for my Fenix 6 of a seller on Etsy and while the seller I used isn’t an option at the moment there are lots of others offering handmade leather straps for a fraction of the Garmin prices.

The strap I bought came from StrongHorseCraft and they are based in Ukraine and as such have been forced to stop trading.  They have an ‘Email me when we’re back’ button on the site if you can wait…

supercarp

Steveostraps will make you one, good quality

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.