Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • QECP singlespeed?
  • Miguelo

Never been to QECP before, could go tomorrow and only have a singlespeed mtb at the moment. Any experience?

Usually fine riding in the Chilterns but then I choose very carefully the climbs I ride…

Planning to do a 25-35 km route, worth adding some local bridleways?

Thanks!

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t see why not. My knees would explode on the opening climb, and the rooty a27 one, and I’d be walking up the one across the fireroad, but apart from that… 🙂

escrs
    Free Member

Actually in the park you should be fine, the blue and red trails have winding climbs and they aren’t major ones

Watch out as its very loose out there at the moment, never seen it that loose before in the last 20 odd years

If your heading out of the park then head over to the back entrance, through the Buriton car park and out towards Harting hill and Beacon hill, some lovely views of the sea and the I.O.W as well as some great inland views

Harting is a mellow climb, Beacon is a steep one but you can zig zag your way up to the gate near the top

Miguelo

That’s great, thanks both I think I needed a bit encouragement . I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Great info escrs!

DezB
    Free Member

the rooty a27 one

Duh, meant the A3 one 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I used to ride it a lot on my Niner One9 SS… used to mix Red with he early Blue before it got extended, plenty of off piste routes and it’s not just up hill all the way, some of it’s rolling and some steep climbs enough to grind them out.

Do Blue first, then have a wiz round the top sections of Red, then hit the bridleways and come back for another Blue run..

Its just rained here some the dust will be at a minimum…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It was dry when I was on Butser summit just before 1500, but there was the odd bit of rain as I descended Old Winchester Hill until I got home. Met Office were suggesting a short thunderstorm on Butser when I got in at ~1630, which should be all clear by ~1800.

So it might be a little damp on QECP this evening.

Miguelo

Just finished the route and it’s been great, with more gears would have been better though!

I followed the advice from escrs and bikebouy and it worked alright. Blue climb with fresh legs is fine, first steep red climb was fine but then I struggled with the rest of it. Some parts of the SDW were quite nice too and the views amazing.

thanks all again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘QECP singlespeed?’ is closed to new replies.