Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • QECP Day & Night Enduro
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Just to let you guys know the QECP day & Night Enduro (13th May) goes on sale tomorrow, It’s a very unique enduro and a great challenge.

All the money from the race goes back into the trails at QECP (It’s what is paying for the Blue trail) so its for a good cause too.

There is also free camping and a beer tent on the Saturday night, so if you are local it good to come and watch/support racers.
    You can hire light from exposure too.

Link: http://www.moredirt.com/event/2015
    If you want to see what its all about here is a vid from 2015:
    https://vimeo.com/128637755

OwenP

Sounds good – I really should try to make it this year!

Might regret my cost-cutting approach to lights though 🙂

mattbee

Well worth the £20 to Exposure to rent. I had a Max D off them last year & it was great.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Scott can we enter a mate too/team or is it all individual registrations ?

kimbers

Aroooga

I shall be there, with the first full family camping expedition too !

scottfitz
    Free Member

Lol Kimbers

Jambalaya yes you can enter mates at the same time.

dantsw13

Cant make this year. Hope you get a dry one!!

mattbee

Hope I can shuffle work around, if so will be hitting hardtail category this year.

OwenP

Entered!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Done. Scott mates contacted to enter directly fyi. We’d be a team of Super Vets with me you gest at 54 😳

Note will probably ride a Hardtail but entered suitably ancient category

DrP

In on the HT:-)

DrP

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’m in! Good chance to get some proper use from my Gemini Titan lights. My usual two race mates can’t make it so it’ll be a solo entry and a Billy no mates evening!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

What tyres will everyone be using…..? 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Round black ones

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m in. On a secret training day at 417 Project right now as I’m going to be pushing hard not to be DFL 🙂

kimbers

I’m in

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’ve only ridden once at QECP and that was a very brief visit. Are the trails used for the race normally marked or easy to find as I quite fancy trying to ride their again before the race?

Cheers

scottfitz
    Free Member

The trails are a mix of the red trail and off piste stuff.

dantsw13

Loved flying down the red climb last year, racing my mate.

scottfitz
    Free Member

dantsw13 – Member
    Loved flying down the red climb last year, racing my mate.

Ssshhh the park might find out we did that 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

Over half the ticket are now sold.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Rubber I have entered so I think you’ll have at least one rider behind you 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

mattbee – Member
    Hope I can shuffle work around, if so will be hitting hardtail category this year.

Oh Reeeeeeeeaaallllyy………

scottfitz
    Free Member

This year we will be doing 5 stages instead of 4 🙂

jamesoz

Assuming I can get an entry, I have a quick job to do in Farmborough Sat am. What time does practice start?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Practice starts at 5ish

jamesoz

Cheers, looks like I’m in.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

My riding buddy has pulled out so I am unsure I fancy going on my own – half the fun of racing is beating (or being beaten!) by your mates. What time are things likely to wrap up if it starts at 5? Just trying to work out if I still go or not.

kimbers

think it says 11-30 finish on website

scottfitz
    Free Member

hughjayteens – Member

My riding buddy has pulled out so I am unsure I fancy going on my own – half the fun of racing is beating (or being beaten!) by your mates. What time are things likely to wrap up if it starts at 5? Just trying to work out if I still go or not.

Posted 27 minutes ago # Report-Post Give me a clue on your name or category and I will let you know your start time/end time.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

scottfitz – Member

Give me a clue on your name or category and I will let you know your start time/end time.

Chris Knight – Vets.

Thanks

scottfitz
    Free Member

LOL – You are the rider behind Kimbers 🙂 22:00 finish for you guys.

kimbers

if you are driving home hughayteens can I have your finishers beer 🙂

DrP

I don’t drink beer…. Finisher’s Appletini for moi??!!

DrP

EDIT – scott, is there a racing order list anywhere? Just so I can let the wifey know my ETD/ETA…Ta!

scottfitz
    Free Member

EDIT – scott, is there a racing order list anywhere? Just so I can let the wifey know my ETD/ETA…Ta!

Not in the public domain yet, still working on it but hardtails are finishing about 22:50

jambalaya
    Free Member

Scott gutted to hear about your bike 🙁

DrP

Not in the public domain yet, still working on it but hardtails are finishing about 22:50

Superhardtails will be done, dusted, and in the pub by half nine mate… 😉

Cheers Scott, looking forward to it (and echo the b@llache that is your bike.. Just had a chap from our road club have some roadie stuff taken an equidistance East from me, around the Eastbourne area. nasty stuff)

Will keep eyes peeled here

DrP

scottfitz
    Free Member

Cheers guys, loved that bike, spent a long time getting the build just right.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Scott it’s a pity we are not “scored” in two categories as I’ll be on HT but in Seniors to give myself a token chance of not being DFL. Double knee MRI Friday and riding before surgeon tells me that it’s forbidden 😐

Nearly bought a TransAm myself to go with Covert as Nirvana in Westcott had one on display – lovely – made call to give Cotic a try.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

scottfitz – Member
    LOL – You are the rider behind Kimbers 22:00 finish for you guys.

Alphabetically I guess (although might be on ability!). If practice starts at 5 and we’re done by 10, I might just stick with it and be a billy no mates! Was looking forward to it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘QECP Day & Night Enduro’ is closed to new replies.