Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • QECP Collective update – Pic Heavy
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Bit of a trail build/race update QECP (Queen Elizabeth country park – Hampshire)

Blue trail:
    We are about a 3rd of the way through building the Blue trail. here are some pics of the new climb and some pics and a vid of the singletrack:

Blue climb

Blue Singletrack

[video]http://vimeo.com/117746554[/video]

Red trail:
    Also we have been working on the berms at the end of the red trail to get them to flow better:

QECP Day & Night Enduro:
    Work has begun for the trails for the race here is a sneak preview. It’s very steep 🙂

Video’s too:

Also here is an up to date trail map:

johnny

Fantastic stuff Scott! I’m definitely up for the Day/Night enduro again, it was a fantastic event last year.

Is most of the red/blue stuff open to ride? Or is it worth waiting a while before making the trip down?

bikebouy
    Free Member

😯

You Guys !!

Amazing, just amazing.

8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scottfitz
    Free Member

Is most of the red/blue stuff open to ride?

All the blue stuff we have done so far (About a 3rd) is at ready to ride. It’s still not signposted yet but the posts are in so we are expecting the sign very soon. you can still ride the full blue loop but the decent is down a fireroad, We are starting the new blue decent next digweekend 21st & 22nd Feb, More info here: http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2014/11/blue-trail-update-new-descent/

The red is still 100% open but the forestry work along the A3 has make the ‘hard shoulder’ worse than ever (This is in our plan to remove and have a new trail at the top of the hill where it drains better, to be started in winter 2015/2016).

Or is it worth waiting a while before making the trip down?

Why not come check out what we have done but come expecting slippy roots and a bit muddy in spots.

P.S I will be jealous of all racing the day & night, wish I could entre 🙁 I’m sure someone will come along a start putting races on in SE endland. I know for a fact the venues are there!!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@scott, great work and thanks for posting here and on facebook.

What are the dates for the day/night and the normal enduro ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

No where near me but well done to you and your team of trail pixies
    Looking good

Yak

Top work Scott and the Collective!

beanum

That looks great!

QECP used to be my local spot 10 years or so ago. Looking at that video posted above I couldn’t really get my bearings but there seemed to be a lot less trees than I remember.. Was that filmed on the edge of the park or has there been a lot of de-forestation? 🙁

scottfitz
    Free Member

What are the dates for the day/night and the normal enduro ?

Dates of the races:
    Sat 16th May Day & Night Enduro
    Sun 23rd May QECP Trail Collective Enduro

But even more important time & date they go on sale. (They should both sell out)
    9:00 Sat 14th March Day & Night
    9:00 Sat 23rd May QECP Trail Collective Enduro

scottfitz
    Free Member

QECP used to be my local spot 10 years or so ago. Looking at that video posted above I couldn’t really get my bearings but there seemed to be a lot less trees than I remember.. Was that filmed on the edge of the park or has there been a lot of de-forestation?

Yes its all in the park, they have thinned the beech over the years but I think its the combination of the winter(no leaves and the gopro that makes it look like that.

Lummox

Scott when does the sign on open for the 23rd enduro? Need to get it in the diary.

Struggling for leave on the day night but can do the day one so keen not too miss out.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sorry Lummox that was a typo, here’s what is should be
    Dates of the races:
    Sat 16th May Day & Night Enduro
    Sun 26th July QECP Trail Collective Enduro

But even more important time & date they go on sale. (They should both sell out):
    9:00 Sat 14th March Day & Night
    9:00 Sat 23rd May QECP Trail Collective Enduro

Lummox

Awesome can still do the July date (wondered if you were doing an earlier and later daytime one this year)

DezB
    Free Member

Fantastic work! The end berms were running very quick and flowed nicely last time I was up there. Must get me arse up there again.

scottfitz
    Free Member

DezB they are better now. The Berm pics are from Sunday.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

That looks fantastic. Good work. I’m very tempted to make the trip from sunny Berkshire.

rhayter

Looks great. Only 45 minutes from me so worth going back (haven’t ridden there for 20+ years).

johnny

Thanks for the dates- I’d like to do both of the events this summer. In fact, I’d like to do some trailbuilding- (as much to learn about building trail for my own, nefarious cheeky trail plans…) as I’ve really enjoyed the riding I’ve done in and around the park.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Absolutely brilliant stuff guys.

Will be heading over from the south island as soon as things start to dry a little to pay my respects to your handicraft.

(And I know how much work goes into these things)

DT78
    Free Member

Those chalk berms look lethal…. Top work, have to plan my annual visit soon

Lummox

rode up there today, blues running fantastic, new berms are solid, didn’t feel loose at all. Definitely felt like an improvement.

Head down was slippy in places, wiggle waggle was nice and drifty though, 200m and the dh trails were sketch in places.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I have got some more footage of the day and night enduro dig day testing but unfurtunnaly the gopro slipped and is pointing at the bike a bit, plus I fell off. I will put it together anyway and post it up when it’s done.

mattbee

Looking forward to riding the tweaked trails once my bruised sternum heals. Not allowed on bike for a few weeks. :-/

dantsw13

How will the D/N Enduro trails compare to last year? Similar level & style? Hopefully my tubeless setup will provide less of a spectator sport than last year!!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Simular to last year. 2x new/different stages. Here is a preview: [video]http://vimeo.com/117959028[/video]

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Scott, I just wanted to say thanks for all the work that you and the team do at qecp. I hadn’t been for years but went for a quick blast this morning and had a great time. The work you lot have done is proof that way marked trails don’t need to be on rocks, or armoured surfaces if they’re in woodland. It was great to have techie singletrack climbs and decents that are a challenge to make flow.

I’ll be back soon and with enough time to explore more than a couple of laps of the red

Good work!

scottfitz
    Free Member

No worries Adam, I still find it hard to believe how far the QECP collective have come in 3 years and how far the trails have come. My guys the trail network has doubled!!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘QECP Collective update – Pic Heavy’ is closed to new replies.