Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • QE Cyclefest 2016 – 14th/15th May – free camping.
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Vee tyres Fluid & Flow

so was I last year great combo, Im on Vee flow rumbas front and rear now. They are beasts!! Seam perfect for qecp!

dantsw13

Thanks Scott.

davosaurusrex

Thanks for the offer Dez but back home now having been diverted to do the school run. Bah.

Hmmm, I have an Ardent on the back but could go Hans Dampf F&R. Although I’m overthinking this for a mid pack nobber. Letting go of the brakes and trying to relax would work best

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scottfitz
    Free Member

Letting go of the brakes and trying to relax would work best

100%

DezB
    Free Member

My Hutchinson Toros were fine up there Tuesday night. It was pretty slippy in places (puddles???!) but only had to dab once on the red route. (They are a decent all conditions tyre.)

scottfitz
    Free Member

Vid of short new section on stage 2:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/GX3Bxw]VID_134680312_085835[/url] by Southern Enduro / QECP Trail Collective, on Flickr

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will be there on Saturday afternoon shamelessly promoting the Big Bike Bash (www.BigBikeBash.co.uk)stood under / near the green Big Bike Bash gazebo with Big Bike Bash written on it. I will also probably be wearing a Big Bike Bash t-shirt with Big Bike Bash written on in which I was given at last years Big Bike Bash and I hope to replace with a new one at this years Big Bike Bash .

Just getting a bit of early practice in 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

IS the final section on the red gonna be open for the weekend? Bloody annoying when you’ve got all the way round only to find the most fun bit is closed!
    Signs in the car park would be nice! 😕

scottfitz
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    IS the final section on the red gonna be open for the weekend? Bloody annoying when you’ve got all the way round only to find the most fun bit is closed!
    Signs in the car park would be nice!

yes it will and it will be fun!!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/GX5H6S]IMG-20160508-WA0000[1][/url] by Southern Enduro / QECP Trail Collective, on Flickr

DezB
    Free Member

Nice to see there was a decent reason for the closure 😀

eranu
    Free Member

Also there is a field archery event in Head Down this weekend. It won’t affect the main park but please do not go and ride there.

http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2016/05/1671/

thomthumb
    Free Member

Is there a stage / camping map somewhere? I know I’ve seen it but can’t find it today.

I’m coming this evening for a bit of spectating/ cheering/ heckling.

chiefgrooveguru

Excited about this! Fav race of the year. I’ll be on my stealth Spitfire with a bright green hat (paragon of style…) No. 57 because I’m not as venerable as you lot.

So, I’ve taken the Minion SS off the back and put the DHR2 on. Do I leave the Minion DHR2 on the front or go Shorty?

mattbee

Just walked the dog up there. Conditions look perfect. Some interesting looking taped sections, new Red trail sections and the new Blue descent looked to be open at last (but judging by the way the sign at the top is facing won’t be the last new bit).
    Just got to mow the lawn, sort my kit out & it’ll soon be time to head over & be average!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just got back from there, good turnout and good humour, with excellent organisation and setup all over.

I did 2 laps of Red on the CXer before they closed it off, loving the new sections… Well done QECP collective!

Cracking day for it, sunny, warm, dry. Looks like tonight will be a hoot with lights.

Oh, someone mentioned “it’s a bit peddly” which I found hilarious and nearly choked on my beer.. 😆

DezB
    Free Member

loving the new sections

There are more new sections?? or you just not ridden the old new sections before?

bikebouy
    Free Member

They’ve changed the top section down through to the swoopy downhill bit (the original downhill bit)

DezB
    Free Member

Intrigued… I’ll have to give it a blast on Monday!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hats off to Scott and QECP, hope it went well … as I said last year, there is always next year .. at this rate I’ll be lobbying for an over 60’s classification

dantsw13

Oh my, what a night!! Great trails, great craic, great beer. Could somebody please turn the temp up in the campsite??? There’s bloody ice on my tent!! Sleeping in my bloody coat, but looking fwd to s bacon roll & coffee at Cyclefest in the morning!!

scottfitz
    Free Member

That was a fun night, just woke up in the back of my car.

Here are the results: http://www.sportident.co.uk/results/2016/QECPDayNight/

kimbers

Well that was great, cheers scott and the gang and Hargroves for putting on another blinder.
    Not my finest hour, 2 crashes and generally being a bit shit, challenging trails, stage 4 was hard work but the lights at the bottom were mental!
    Davosauras top marks for settingg off you transponder whilst going for a pee and good company going round.
    Hats off to chiefgrooveguru for putting 20s into me and I have never thought I could be so jealous of a voice message ever!

m0rk
    Free Member

Davosauras – was that who set off the stage 3 one? Kept me chuckling for a while, but I assume they sorted that at the bottom.

Great night at the top, hopefully my flashing head torch didn’t put people off. Much.

Legs ache now, so will head back up later on – nice work on sleeping in the car Scott, must have been bright since six!

mattbee

Was great. Some nicely inventive course layout made it harder for the home riders to take much advantage, apart from stage 3.
    Stage 4 was awesome in a knackering sick in my mouth kinda way. Not sure if it was just the trees in the dark but I am sure I was getting tunnel vision at one point… Garmin had me at 36mph on that stage.
    Had my usual love/hate with the off camber on Stage 1, I really struggle to get any flow on it but enjoyed it nevertheless.
    Glad we had the fire pit going in the campsite, it was a bit wintry!

dantsw13

A bit Wintry?? It was full frost when I had a piss at 5AM!!

Demo day turned into an e-bike hoon! Wouldn’t buy one, as it felt like cheating, but after 8 transitions last night…….

Oh, and apologies for my howling brakes last night!!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Stage 4 was finished an hour after practice started. We kept it as secret as possible so them sneaky locals had no advantage.

kimbers

i only took a couple of pics

race times and proper pics up on roots and rain now

davosaurusrex

@m0rk – Yep that was me who had the pee-related incident! The times were correct though with no sorting required even though the accidental activations registered, clever bit of technology. I am, however, using your telling me that the timer would run as an excuse for breaking my focus and causing me to ride like a complete numpty, pretty sure I’d have won otherwise. Ahem.

@kimbers – was good to gas on the way round, good work on the air and Photo Elbows© in that shot on roots and rain! Tidy. You may have been shit but you were 4 seconds less shit than me…. Good luck with the arrival of the twins, see you at the next QECP enduro that you get to. In 2026 :mrgreen:

@chiefgrooveguru – you got lucky Claber you punk! Congrats, I guess. Humpf.

Thanks to Hargroves, the Collective and the Marshalls and Medics, another top event with great trails!

scottfitz
    Free Member

In other news round 3 of the southern enduro series at QECP goes on sale this Saturday at 09:00 http://www.moredirt.com/event/1296

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Demo day turned into an e-bike hoon! Wouldn’t buy one, as it felt like cheating, but after 8 transitions last night……

I have an e-bike one account of being under endowed in ankles. Most the time I keep it in the lowest two settings and it just feels like I am riding a normal bike when I was fit.

For demos everyone uses TURBO and it is an absolute giggle. I was letting anyone interested borrow my bike for short blasts while I was promoting the Big Bike Bash and they all came back giggling. Almost everyone said ‘I won’t be buying one yet but…’

That reminds me that I must update the Butser Hill strava I did on Sunday morning to show as eBiking…

…although I might keep the KOM until next weekend. 30 seconds faster than anyone else up Butser Hill with a hangover on Sunday morning was hard work even with assistance.

charliemort

That was a laugh as usual.

Was the level higher or have I got worse? 5th in super codgers (same as last time) but I was a fair bit lower down the overall. I’m noticeably better at the pedally ones (do a few tt’s) than the techie ones. Made a right old hash of stage 2!

Thanks to qecp

jambalaya
    Free Member

Jealous 😐

johnny

To echo the others, a great night again! Tweaked stages were great, really enjoyed stage 2. Great to put some more faces to forum posters off of here.

Pleased with my result of 20th in Vets, as this was my first ride on a new bike, and a broken chain towards the end of stage 4. @Charlie- the level is definitely getting higher, I looked back on my times for previous events and the field is waaay tighter nowadays.

I was on the very new, very orange Banshee Rune… Looking forward to Tidworth when i might have ridden it a bit more!

dantsw13

Saw that Rune & really liked the look of it. Almost made me demo one, but aching legs and a hangover made the e-bike too tempting.
    I did the final red climb at full gas with tour mode on (assist 2 out of 4) and it went like crazy!!! Still way off the KOM, so that’s either an ebike too, or some crazy 6 stone climber!!

dantsw13

Only 150 finishers – were there a lot of spare places?

david47
    Free Member

Stopped for lunch and had a look round on sat while on a failed attempt at the South Downs way. Definitely planning on coming next year, looked great 🙂

eranu
    Free Member

I was suprised @ the 150 too. I was doing sign on and the start and we had a lot drop out, no shows and people who registered then didn’t start.

kimbers

and people who registered then didn’t start

ale on sale right next to the signing on didnt help

jambalaya
    Free Member

I was doing sign on and the start and we had a lot drop out, no shows and people who registered then didn’t start.

😐

Thats bummer, when I had to drop out last of an event year I allowed QECP to resell the entry. Perhaps there should be a registration deadline on the day and a standby list.

dantsw13

I’d agree with that. I had mates who didn’t get in, but would have come along to race short notice.

In last years conditions I could understand it, but in near-perfect race conditions …………… 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘QE Cyclefest 2016 – 14th/15th May – free camping.’ is closed to new replies.