Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • QE Cyclefest 2016 – 14th/15th May – free camping.
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

QE Cyclefest is going to be epic this year, everyone should come!!
    Here is why:

Demo bikes from Santa Cruz, Cube, Specialized, Scott, charge, cannondale, GT & Juliana.

Free camping Friday 13th and Sat 14th May.

QECP Day and Night Enduro, Kids races, balance bike races.

food stalls and beer tent.

Loads of products on show and a bouncy castle for the kids.

https://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/hub/events/qe-cyclefest/

I’m organising the enduro, there are a couple entry left is you fancy it: http://www.moredirt.com/event/1389

dantsw13

Can’t wait! I’ll try to finish this year!

superfli
    Free Member

Might be able to sneak there for some of the day. Unlikely I’ll get a pass for the camping! Gutted as it’s my highlight of the year, love the beers and banter by the BBQ!

mattbee

There for the racing but will be camping and enjoying a beer afterwards.
    Not sure whether to take the van or caravan. May let the weather decide…

kimbers

hopefully be able to make the race, but it all depends on baby watch

unless the paramedics on site include a midwife?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Could do with some more marshals for the race if anyone wants to help out.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I would Scott but working covering Mattbee playing!

dantsw13

Are the details of timings for the race/practice published anywhere?

kimbers

Hopefully Ill be there!

I loves it

scottfitz
    Free Member

dantsw13 – Member

Are the details of timings for the race/practice published anywhere?

I am posting online tomorrow final timing but….

Sat 15:00 – Sign on
    Sat 16:30 – Marshalls’ briefing
    Sat 16:45 – Riders’ briefing
    Sat 17:00 – Start of practice
    Sat 19:10 – End of practice/start of race
    Sat 23:00 – End of race

davosaurusrex

You’re starting two spots behind me kimbers. If you overtake me more than once I may have to make a hoax call telling you the baby is on the way!

(Scott – can you send me kimber’s phone number please? I will of course only share his details with carefully selected Nigerian third parties)

johnj2000
    Free Member

Hoping to better my almost last place from 2015, light fell off on the final stage. That obviously made the difference between where I finished and a podium place! Anyone else in the fun catagory?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m coming over, only to watch mind 😀

Ey, I’ll be on my CXer..

garage-dweller

Sadly not able to make this.

The kids would have loved it but sadly other stuff got in first. 🙁

Bez

Hm. How flexible is the camping? OK to just park a camper van in one of the car parks, or is it tents only?

eranu
    Free Member

There’s a dedicated area for camping, vans no problem.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Bez – Member

Hm. How flexible is the camping? OK to just park a camper van in one of the car parks, or is it tents only? Camper vans and caravans are fine. In the camping field not the car parks.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Just fond this Vid of when we build one of the stage for last years race:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qUiVMY]Untitled[/url] by Southern Enduro / QECP Trail Collective, on Flickr

And some pics:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/qE4hZW]Untitled[/url] by Southern Enduro / QECP Trail Collective, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/qEag2p]Untitled[/url] by Southern Enduro / QECP Trail Collective, on Flickr

davosaurusrex

Having just paddled to work down the A27/M27 I’m thinking I might put the mud tyres back on….

scottfitz
    Free Member

It wasn’t to bad last night, dried out in the 3 hours we were there. My choice would be aggressive trail tyres, at worst something like a shorty on the front.

davosaurusrex

Shorty was what I was thinking, maybe a beaver on the back as I find they roll pretty well in the dry too

superfli
    Free Member

It was slippy last night, but not too bad. I expect it will dry out pretty well for race, so something like minion/butcher or chunky monkey will be great.
    I’m fully expecting our baby to pop out this weekend 😥

davosaurusrex

5 stages this year – was it the same last year? I was injured and marshalling so can’t remember. Sure it was 4 the first year?

I’m going to employ my usual tactic of pure-bred laziness saving my legs and practising 2 stages, which are the ones to go for this year?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Oh where have I put 5 stages? It should be 4!!!

davosaurusrex

Just looked again and it’s showing 4. Was that me being a muppet or did you change it? I’m sure my last run was at around 11 before, hour earlier now?

scottfitz
    Free Member

I haven’t edited anything. All stages are different from last year. My advice would be to ride stage 1,2 & 4. Stage 4 now starts where stage 1,2 & 3 start 😈

davosaurusrex

Maybe I’m just fik. In fact I must be as I thought it would be nice to get a bit of practice in. I thought this a few days ago. I’m currently in Eastleigh and am about to leave work to drive back to Worthing. I didn’t think to bring my bike with me. Doh!

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll lend you a bike Dave 🙂

johnny

Looking forward to it. I was originally planning a family camping trip, but Chickenpox has intervened.

I’ll be riding my new bike, which i will have to finish building on Friday. Riding it as part of the race for a first ride could be, er, interesting…

Looking at either a Hans Dampf/Rock Razor combo or Dirty Dan/Hans Dampf… i guess i’ll take spare tyres, ghetto inflator and decide on the day!

scottfitz
    Free Member

is Hans Dampf/Hans Dampf an option?

kimbers

knowing scott there will be plenty of off-camber treachery afoot, its all about the edge bite!

saying that im too lazy to swap out my ardent on the back so may be on my arse

scottfitz
    Free Member

FTFY

knowing scott there will be plenty of off-camber Rooty treachery afoot!

dantsw13

I’ve got the same tyres as 2 years ago – they were great until my race ended in a huge tubeless explosion on St2!!!

Chunky Monky/Spesh Butcher.

dantsw13

Quick question – Are the stage starts all close by at the top, and will any water be available up there?

dantsw13

And another if I may?? Will there be somewhere at the finish area to stash kit, like a thermal top, for after?

johnny

HD/HD is an option- might be sensible… Or I’ve got a Minion/HR combo too.

The joys of still being 26″…. 😆

scottfitz
    Free Member

HD/HD is an option- might be sensible… Or I’ve got a Minion/HR combo too.

The joys of still being 26″….
    personally I would go for one of the above

mattbee

Whatever your tyre choice, it’s usually the roots that are the grippy bits.
    I’m on Vee tyres Fluid & Flow as I can’t be bothered to change them & they seem pretty good at QE.

scottfitz
    Free Member

dantsw13 – Member

Quick question – Are the stage starts all close by at the top, and will any water be available up there?
    This year all stages start at the top of the hill. I will get some water up there but it will be limited.

And another if I may?? Will there be somewhere at the finish area to stash kit, like a thermal top, for after?

yes sign on tent.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘QE Cyclefest 2016 – 14th/15th May – free camping.’ is closed to new replies.